I finally get a look at what he's been staring at, and I freeze.

It's some sort or symbol. I could have sworn I saw this symbol when I fell asleep earlier this morning.

The line goes up towards my ear, then goes back down only for it to cross to the left, then up to the right.

I look back towards Dominic to see him looking between the phone and myself.

"Dom, I have to tell you something. It's going to sound completely crazy but just hear me out."

"Okay...?" He responds only for it to sound more as a question.

And with that I tell him everything that's happened between first period, and now.

Once I let everything out, I let out a big sigh of relief. It felt so good to tell someone. The weight on my shoulders have been slightly lifted. I'm also grateful that Dominic didn't laugh while I explained what happened.

The moment of relief is cut short once I hears him say, "I don't know what to say, I mean could it have been something you ate this morning? Or the weather?"

I shake my head no.

I eats the same breakfast each morning, so it couldn't be that.

"OH MY GOSH, what it you were hexed!?" He whispers harshly.

"Shut the fuck up." I say bluntly.

Someone clears their throat near the front of the class. I looks up to see Mr. Maverick looking between me and Dominic with a slight frown.

I mumble a quiet 'sorry', and he responds with a head shake.

"I mean come on. You have a random marking on your neck. And it looks a little demonic if I don't say so myself." He says while he brings his hand up to my neck.

I shoo's his hand away, "Oh quit it. You know I don't believe in that crap."

He chuckles and I bring my hand up to my neck. I rub my fingers against the area and bring them back down into my line of vision only to see that nothing came off. There wasn't anything on my fingers, they were completely clean.

I grimaced at my fingers a few seconds and a couple other seconds later I hear the bell finally ring.

I quickly shove everything into my bag and sling it over my shoulder as I stand up.

I walk out the door with Dominic by my side. We both say our farewells and walk off to our next class. 

                                          -

Third period went by quickly because the next thing I know, i'm pushing the doors to go into the lunchroom.

I walk through and i'm met with a huge, loud crowd. Ernest Green high isn't too big, nor to small. It held a decent amount of kids. The lunchroom was combined with each grade which made the lunchroom look 5x smaller than it really is. It also made it more chaotic.

I pass by a couple tables while they talk about drugs, books, and sex.

I find myself scanning the crowded tables in search of my two close friends, Dominic and Katlynne. When my eyes land upon them I get confused, seeing Landon sitting amongst them as well.