I slowly lifted my head to look around the classroom once more. I was surprised to find everyone now packing their things into their school bags.

Seconds later the bell rang.

I flinched slightly at the loud noise that rang throughout the silent room.

Finally, breaking out of my daze, I shoved my belongings into my own bag.

Standing up and slinging my bag over my shoulder, I maneuvered my way out of the classroom and into the crowded halls.

What the hell happened in there? Was I dreaming?

I didn't know what to think. I had no memory of drawing the house. I have never seen a house like it in all of my life.

I take out my phone and quickly text my friend Katlynne, asking to meet me in the women's bathroom.

I felt overwhelmed, overwhelmed with my own thoughts.

I felt the need to tell someone.

I pushed open the bathroom door and peeked inside to notice a single girl, standing closely in front of the mirror while applying lip-gloss.

Pushing open the door fully, I stepped inside and stared at the girl, hoping she would understand she should leave.

Thankfully she got the message. She shoved her belongings back into her bag and scurred out back into the halls.

Sighing through my nose, I leaned against the cool tile behind my back.

I didn't know what to think. Nothing like this has happened to me before.

The bathroom door opened and my friend, katlynne walked in with a sheepish smile playing along her lips.

I opened my mouth to ask why she was smiling, but quickly shut it as I got a whiff of what katlynne smelt like.

It was weed. Her eyes were red, her breath and clothes reeked of it.

My face held no confusion. I wasn't surprised katlynne was high. When was she ever not.

"hey aura," Katlynne greets, "so why'd you need me here?"

I know I shouldn't tell katlynne about what happened earlier. She's not in her right state of mind, and katlynne wouldn't believe a word I said.

It would sound completely crazy.

Maybe she was crazy.

"why are you high in the morning?" I asked as I glanced at the time on my phone.

"Ugh, such a buzzkill Aura. I'm having fun, you should try this weed sometime it's great, it really-"

"You know how much I hate that stuff Kate. Don't tell me to try it."

I understood most people smoke weed to have an escape, or for stress. But I never brought myself to try it. The smell constantly made me sick, I hated it.

"Okay okay. Was there anything you needed?"

"I'll tell you when you're not high, yeah?"

"If you say so," Katlynne says as she turns towards the door. "see you later babes!" Katlynne calls out as I hear the door shut.

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

I need to tell someone. I was hoping that person would be katlynne, considering we were friends since babies.

There's a huge weight on my shoulders and it just keeps getting heavier the more I think about the events that have happened.

I sigh through my nose as I make my way over to the bathroom mirror.

I take one glance at my reflection and freeze.

I look sick.

My normally tanned skin looked deathly pale. My eye bags looked to be slightly sunken in and my amber eyes hold no color in them. They look almost black.

I take a step back and blink. twice, thrice.

I bring my gaze to the floor and shuts my eyes tightly and begin to shake my head vigorously.

Looking back to the mirror, I breaths out a sigh of relief.

My skin is back to it's normal shade and my eyes hold a gold color around them.

What the hell is happening to me.

I feels completely nauseous, as well as light headed.

I places both palms against the sink and duck my head low between my shoulders.

in and out. in and out.

I make sure I don't shut my eyes. In fear of what might happen if I open them again.

My thoughts are cut off with the sound of the bell ringing.

My head jerks up at the sudden sound and I yank out my phone from my pocket.

9:00

I curse under my breath realizing i'm late for my next class.

I shove my phone back into my pocket and pull on my brown hoodie onto my shirt hair.

Walking out of the bathroom, i'm met with the empty halls.

I slow down and take the time to look around.

They seem so much bigger when there are no kids shoving their way through them—the hall, I mean.

It feels almost peaceful.

I can hear the rain splattering against the pavement outside. I also hear my shoes lightly hitting the tiled floor and echoing throughout the halls.

Knowing i'm late, I picks up my pace and walk towards my history class. which happens to be on the other side of the building.

                                       -

I would just like to say thank you for giving my book a chance!
it's alittle slow at first but i promise the more you read, the better it gets!
i hope you guys enjoy, and once again thank you for giving it a chance:))

(BOOK IS UNDER EDITING, POV WILL SWITCH FOR THE NEXT FOUR CHAPTERS DUE TO EDITING)