Safe In My Arms

Bumblebee sprints towards the Star Saber, avoiding fire from Shockwave as the Decepticon Scientist gets closer and closer to it. He manages to slide underneath one of Shockwave's shots, grabbing the Star Saber. Acting quickly he throws it up into the air, confusing his attacker and making him look up before staring down at Bumblebee, only to receive an optic shattering blow, knocking the 'Con over. As Shockwave falls, Bumblebee leaps into the air, catching the Saber that's weight nearly pulls him to the floor. He manages to swing the Saber over his shoulder as he makes his way towards Optimus.

Meanwhile, Optimus is in a battle against Megatron, both bots aiming to end this War here and now. 

"Optimus, you must use the Star Saber to destroy the Omega Lock!" Ratchet instructed through the comms as Optimus kicked Megatron away, then punched him in the face, which made him slam his head into the Omega Lock beneath them. "It is the only way to save Earth!" Ratchet yells. Optimus stops for a moment to rest before hearing a beeping through the comms.

[Optimus, up here!] Bee yelled as he began to climb down towards him. Optimus felt a slight grin underneath his battle mask as he watched Bumblebee with pride.

"The Star Saber!" Megatron hissed as he saw the young Scout. He stands before punching the Prime, knocking Optimus off his feet. 

The world felt it was in slow motion to the Prime as Bumblebee launched himself towards the fighting Titans. Megatron had a twisted smile on his face as he fired at Bumblebee with his fusion cannon, managing to launch off three shots before Optimus shoves him and forces his cannon's line of fire away from his scout, only for a fourth shot to fire as he moved it. 

Bumblebee, unable to avoid the oncoming blasts, ends up taking all four shots to his chest, letting go of the Star Saber as he falls into the Cybermatter below.

Optimus felt his spark feel like it was going to burst as he watched the life fade from the young scouts eyes, fear and pain plastered onto the young mech's face in his final moments. He watched for a short moment as Bumblebee's body sank into the Cybermatter before he turned to Megatron again, who seemed surprised with what he had just done, before the Warlord smirked at the Prime.

"No!" Optimus screamed out in anger and in grief as he struck Megatron over and over. No matter how many times he had forgiven the Warlord in the past, letting him flee instead of killing him. When he would think about their time as friends, as brothers. He wouldn't let him live to see another day after what he had done. He had just taken away Bumblebee, a mech Optimus saw as his own, who he had basically raised throughout the war, the bot closest to his spark, then dared to look at him like it was nothing, like it could be forgiven... he was wrong.

Megatron gasped as he was slammed against a wall before falling to the ground with a groan. He panted as he raised his head and looked around slightly, only to find the Dark Star Saber nearby. He smiled before looking back at the Prime, who had just transformed his hand into a cannon, ready to fire and end this. Megatron yelled as he swung the Saber towards Optimus, launching the Prime into the air before knocking him off the Omega Lock with only his hand keeping him from plummeting towards the Earth in a ball of fire.

Megatron made his way towards Optimus with a crazed look on his face, Saber in hand. Optimus groaned, dazed from the hit he took before looking up at Megatron, realizing this may be the end for him, it was either he fell or he'd be finished by Megatron.

"Prepare to join your scout in the Allspark!" Megatron spits as he stares down at the nearly defeated Prime before raising the Dark Star Saber over his head.

"Megatron!" A voice screams from behind the Warlord, making him turn around to face it, his mouth agape, as if he was about to say something before he made a gargled noise of pain and surprise.

He basically froze as he began to pant and slowly looked down to see his chest impaled through his insignia by the Star Saber and the person wielding it to be none other than Bumblebee, who's own wounds began to heal and disappear before he spoke again.

"You took my voice. You will never rob anyone, of anything, ever again." He vowed as he pushed the Saber deeper into the Warlord's chest as Megatron grunted and attempted to raise his Saber to defend himself, only to drop it from his shaking hands. He let out a pained noise as Bumblebee kneeled, forcing Megatron to do the same.

Optimus could only hear what was going on from where he was, all he could feel was shock and relief that somehow, somehow Primus had kept his sparking from becoming one with the Allspark.

Bumblebee watched as Megatron's optics began to fade as he went offline before his body became loose from the Star Saber and he fell backwards, plummeting down to Earth, Optimus watching his descent.

It was silent for a moment before Optimus saw a black and yellow hand reach down, which he took and pulled him up. Both mechs were quiet as Optimus pulled Bumblebee into an embrace.

"Thank the Primes you're alright. I don't know what I would have done if I were to have lost you." He whispered before pulling away. "Now let's get back to the others."

The two mechs climbed in silence as they made their way back to the Autobots waiting above, helping each other along the way. When they got back to their group, the Autobots stared at them in awe.

"Bumblebee..." Ratchet started, at a loss for words.

"Your voice." Arcee finished, Smokescreen, Ratchet, and her all staring at the young scout, eyes wide.

"My voice? What are you gu- My voice!" Bumblebee cut himself off, excited. He removed his voice synthesizer from his mouth, a happy yet surprised look on his face. "Ratchet, I have my pipes back!" The young mech rejoiced before hugging the medic.

"Yes, we noticed." He joked as he looked down at the scout before Bumblebee pulled away.

"The cybermatter..." Bumblebee said, looking down at his hands in wonder and curiosity before smiling.

"It is the only possible explanation." Ratchet said with a smile. Optimus smiled before placing a hand on the Medic's shoulder.

"It would seem the old Field Medic made good after all." Optimus added, feeling a sense of pride for both his sparkling and closest friend. "Optimus Prime to all units; Megatron is no more."

After returning back to base Optimus asked to speak privately to Bumblebee.

"Bumblebee, I just wanted to speak to you about what has happened today. How are you feeling?" Optimus asked, looking down at the young mech.

"If I'm being honest... it's been a bit overwhelming. I mean-I... I basically died today. I felt it, it was quick but I felt it. Now I have my voice back, Cybertron is alive again, and now we're leaving Earth... and our friends behind." Bumblebee sighed as he began to fidget, feeling tears well up in his optics.

"It has been a lot, but we aren't leaving quite yet, I want to make sure you and the others are all able to say your goodbyes and spend some time together." Optimus explained before smiling. "Although it was worrying, I am glad this was the outcome. I am glad that I am able to speak to you now instead of having to bury my sparkling today." He trembled at the thought. Bumblebee could tell his caretaker, his father, was upset and embraced him.

"I'm not goin' anywhere. I just wanna say... I love you dad." Bumblebee mumbled as he rested his head against Optimus. Optimus felt his spark skip a beat for a moment before he let out a sigh, tears beginning to fall from his optics.

"I love you too."