You ended walking about 30 minutes away from campus, lost in your thoughts. Realising how far away you were, you pulled out your phone to call Suzy or Aspen. To your surprise your phone was completely dead, you hadn't even noticed that your music had gone off about 10 minutes ago.

"Hey Y/N!", a boy shouted from under a bus shelter.

Winston was gesturing you to come over. When you reached him he planted a kiss on your cheek. This was the Winston you liked, not the abusive, manipulative one who you always seemed to get on the wrong side of.

"I just want to say that i'm sorry for how i've acted over the past week... My dads been putting a lot of pressure on me recently and I didn't mean to take it out on you", he said holding your hands in his.

"I get that, it's fine. Parents eh?", you said with a sarcastic laugh.

You both stood there for a second, lost for words. He was about to leave when the most beautiful blonde haired beauty walked out of the convenience store behind him. Walking up to you both and kissing your boyfriend passionately right in front of you.

"Who's this babe?", she said giving you a friendly but narcissistic smile.

"Babe?", you mimicked her voice looking at Winston.

He was embarrassed, yet so mischievously happy. The facial expression you made gave him so much power. It was kind of like a big fuck you really.

"I'm done, we're done, it's over. For good this time...", you said storming off, letting the rain disguise your tears.

-

Your friends were always right. You had always felt inferior to him and let him cheat on you all the time, but this was the last straw. She called him babe, as if SHE was his girlfriend. This whole time he had been juggling two girls at once. You felt so worthless and like an idiot.

Forgetting where you were you began to panic. It was dark and you were lost in the city that never sleeps. You found some bench on the sidewalk and just sat there, contemplating what to do. Still fuzzy from the confrontation you had, and the message about Professor Stan.

A car parked up beside you and the window began to roll down. There he was the devil himself. As if he was stalking you. It was late and the weather was dreadful. What was he doing driving home at 8pm? Marking papers most likely.

"Need a lift?", he shouted out of the car window.

You got into his car, shaky in the process. This is how most murders go down. But you pushed it to the back of your brain, stop overthinking everything!

He noticed that your eyes were all red from crying and you were drenched from head to toe. Taking his blazer off, he placed it over your shoulders, hoping it would warm you up.

"Thanks."

He began to drive off, the tension in the car was unbearable, you could cut it with a knife.

"What are you doing out so late? In this weather too?", he asked, eyes concentrating on the road.

"I needed a study break", you replied, twiddling with your fingers.

"Study break? You haven't showed up to class in two days... I was worried".

"Why may I ask?", you raised your voice slightly in frustration.

"Well Winston wasn't there either, after what he di-"

"I'm fine for gods sake, can you drop that!", you snapped, regretting it instantly.

Your professor reached the dorm buildings, parking the car, shocked at your attitude once again

Your professor reached the dorm buildings, parking the car, shocked at your attitude once again. He became concerned for you, what was making you so snappy?

"Are you okay?", he said placing a hand on your thigh, desperate to comfort you.

Moving it off uncomfortably you murmured, "No i'm not, he cheated on me, I just fucking witnessed it. I'm such a freak, why did I ever think a guy like that could love me?".

"You're not a freak, he is. How could he not love you? Your smart, passionate and you care for people. He's the one missing out, don't get yourself down".

You looked up to him, reaching his eyes and holding them in an unbreakable trance. No one had ever said such nice things to you before. I mean he is 38 so he's all grown up, Winston is just a little boy.

All of a sudden you felt like a magnet was pulling you both together. You were pretty close, your eyes looking at his, then down to his lips, then back up to his eyes again.

If you were stupid enough you would kiss him. But ew, he was your English professor. The moment began to feel weird. You pulled away.

"Thanks for the lift, i'll see you in class", you said with a croak in your voice, scrambling for the car door handle.

"One last thing before you leave...", he said watching the way your hair moved as you turned around, "I'm going to have to give you detention for skipping 2 of my lessons. I'm sorry it's just the colleges behaviour policy".

"Okay erm, yeah i'll be there... when is it again?", you replied, eager to get out of the car.

"Lets say Thursday after class", he said giving a flirty smile.

"Yes sir".

-

Note: Okay so hey sorry this is late (when is it not) ahaha. I just want to say a big thank you for all the love this story has had up to now! I am really grateful!

Also... I came on my period today. Is anyone else on theirs? I think it would be so cool if some of us were in sync idk why ahah, lmk :)