Drive Home

Dear Miss L/N,

Well done on starting the project, the papers you left on my desk this morning were remarkable.

Keep it up :)

Sincerely,

Sir.

-

You knew he'd be impressed. The email he sent you proved that to you. Don't underestimate Y/N L/N, you thought to yourself.

Last night you stayed up until 2am finishing them papers off, and in addition to that you wrote a full analysis on 'Romeo and Juliet'. The other morning before your Art class, you slipped into Professor Stan's office and left the papers on his desk. Leaving a note 'Hope this is okay :)'. Personally it was a cocky way to get back at him for looking down on you, but for him it sent shivers down his spine. You were working hard for him. Almost as if to impress him.

You skipped his class two days in a row to be with Winston and Jaymie. Winston's idea of course. He said that if you didn't come with him then he would invite someone else. Your low self esteem wouldn't allow that, so you missed your favourite subject for some stupid boy. At least you didn't have to see that idiot of a professor.

To make up for missing class you had been studying all afternoon, incase there would be any upcoming assignments

To make up for missing class you had been studying all afternoon, incase there would be any upcoming assignments. Avoiding having to email him, you asked one of your classmates what they had covered in class whilst you weren't there.

To Y/N: We reached chapter 8 and began to prep for the second part of the book, I can send you my notes if you'd like?

To Y/N: Oh and the professor was asking about you today, he was wondering where you were.

Wondering where I was? Usually teachers don't care about where students are they just mark them as absent on the register, no questions asked.

After 4 hours of studying, and a lot of overthinking, you decided to talk a brisk walk. It was around 7pm so the campus wasn't its usual busy self. Best time of day to appreciate nature really.

-

You're mind was that clouded that you had forgotten to bring a coat out with you, it was pouring it down. At this point you didn't care, what was it that made you professor care about you so much? Was it that you were cocky? That you were rebellious? Or the fact you were effortlessly good at English. Who knows.

 Who knows