Chapter 4

You returned to your dorm to find it completely empty, you were glad of that and laid down under the covers of your bed and closed your eyes, immediately falling asleep. Your body needed the rest and you did not wake up until late at night when everyone had gone to sleep. You blinked slightly and suddenly it hit you how late it was. You kicked yourself for not getting up to revise or have dinner, now you were starving and could not get back to sleep. You would have to sneak down to the kitchens.

Mentally preparing yourself you put on your dressing gown and slippers over the uniform you still wore and checked under your bed to see if you had any food, unfortunately, you did not.

Quietly you slipped out of the dorm and out into the corridor. Quickly you went down it trying to make as little noise as possible, you did not want to be caught at this time of night in the corridors. You did not light your way, by knowing the way from your dorm to the great hall, and from there it would be easy to get to the kitchens.

You reached the stairs and quickly looked around, your eyes now accustomed to the gloom, none. You took your chance and quickly went down them and were soon at the great hall. You breathed, still none. Quickly you went toward the stairs to go further down, knowing this was the way to the kitchens, although you had never been to them before, you knew the way after seeing it while going to lessons.

Through the dark you went but suddenly you hit something and stumbled back. You looked up, terrified as a light switched on. Snape, holding his wand high in the air, the tip lit.

"(l/n)" he said simply.

"Sir" you said, trembling.

"Funny to see you at this hour isn't it" he mused, crossing his arms, "50 points from (your house)"

"Sir, I can explain" you said quickly.

"I do not want to hear any excuses (l/n)" he said simply, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"But please sir, I had no lunch or dinner, I really need something to eat" you stuttered, your hunger getting too much for you.

"You should have thought about getting food before curfew" he sneered. He watched you slightly double over in hunger and he frowned, rolling his eyes. As much as he did not like his students, they needed to eat. "Come along (l/n)" he said suddenly.

"Sir?" you asked, worried he was going to take you to his office, or worse, Filch.

"I said come along" he said, rolling his eyes. "Do you wish to be fed or not?"

You followed Snape further into the dungeons until you came to a door. This was not the kitchens, instead, you were in a living room.

"Sit" Snape demanded. You did so, looking around the slightly furnished room. Was this his quarters? You kept looking around, at the few paintings which hung around the room and the green carpets. You were snapped out of looking around at Snape standing in front of you. "You don't have any food allergies do you?" he asked.

You answered him and he went back into what seemed to be a kitchen. Quickly he came back again with what seemed like pasta. You stared at it and took it from Snape. Why did he make you pasta?

"I did not think it would be right to disturb the house-elves sleeping routine as it is very short" Snape explained like he had heard your thoughts. "Now eat. You said you were hungry"

You started to eat the delicious pasta as your Professor went off and did something in another room. You sighed over the pasta, soon finishing it and feeling better. As soon as you had Severus returned and sat opposite you. "If you are ever going to get better at revisiting you need to have three square meals a day" Severus stated. "Do you understand?" You nodded slightly. "How much do you drink?" he suddenly asked.

"I don't know" you murmured.

Snape rolled his eyes and huffed. "Obviously you need to drink more than (l/n)" he muttered. As much as Severus found your stupid questions annoying, he wished to at least improve his student's NEWT results for this year as he could get a bonus for having more than half the class over exceeding expectations. Snape also slightly cared for you also, he saw himself in you, the loner who was clever but you didn't know it, the one who was bullied for what they wore and acted like. Snape wanted to give you what support he did not get from his teachers, and maybe he could help you to get the O (outstanding) which he knew you could achieve.

"You must also sleep (l/n)" he said, breaking the silence that had been created.

You nodded, feeling slightly bored at being lectured at.

"Are you listening?" Snape asked.

"Yep" you said.

"Now I think you should get back to your dorm." Snape said. "Do you need anything more?"

You shook your head and he nodded, guiding you back to your dorm just in case you bumped into another teacher as you went back.

"Goodnight (l/n)" he said. "Get to sleep now, don't revise"

You nodded and walked into your dorm, sighing. What was Snape doing? Giving you pasta, making sure you were healthy? This was not the behaviour you would expect from your potions master, it was like he cared for you which was impossible, yet?

Your mind was full of thoughts as you got into bed and laid down and you soon fell asleep.