B. Rabbit

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains mentions and depictions of death. Please proceed with caution. 

______________________

Tobio lifted his newly customized death scythe. Tobio decided to not deviate much from the student-issued scythes. Besides, he pretty much trained using that style of scythe which gives him a combat advantage that he wishes to keep so he used it as an inspiration for his new weapon.

At first glance, Tobio's death scythe looked like a normal long sickle – the one usually depicted in myths but Tobio's is actually a Kusarigama with a longer handle. The handle is a beautiful silver-blue color and is enchanted so that it could hide the long-chain inside, both the chain and metal ball attached to the end has offense-type grim reaper magic embedded to it which gives the ball a sapphire hue which glows when activated. The blade is also very sharp, so sharp that it can cut down anything – a grim reaper standard.

Tobio could still remember how overwhelmed he was with the options available when he was choosing the design for his new scythe. Spears-san also commented that the grim reaper weaponry has come a long way and he's looking to have his pruner enhanced on his next day off.

Tobio gave the scythe a few swings and nodded in satisfaction. Despite the design, the weapon is very lightweight and could be maneuvered easily. Tobio put down the scythe and signed the last of the paperwork so that he can finally take out his new weapon.

"Thank you," Tobio said as he handed back the form.

A pretty lady smiled and sent a wink as she stamped the form, "Hope you enjoy using your new scythe."

Tobio walked out of the General Affairs Department with his new scythe in hand. He walked in silence skimming over the death list given to him, frowning when he noticed that most of it was due to killings. Serial killings.

He stopped walking when a particular name caught his attention. Tobio adjusted his new glasses – a fashionable pair with black rectangular frames with rounded corners. He sat down on one of the available couches on the lounge and began reading the file.

Name: Ishikawa Haruto

Date of Birth: May 2, 1996

Date of Death: May 10, 2012, 8:26 pm

Cause of Death: Blood loss due to multiple lacerations

Remarks: [ ]

Ishikawa Haruto. The guy who snapped his bracelet.

Tobio scowled when he remembered the unpleasant memory and the other times the guy had been passive-aggressive with him when he was still alive. Him dying was one thing but as Tobio continued to read the file for the details of Ishikawa's death, he found himself pitying him. No matter how Ishikawa had been awful to him, he did not deserve this kind of death.

Tobio closed the file and stared at the white ceiling of the lounge, Spears-san's words echoing in his mind.

"This is just part of the job, work does not require unnecessary emotions, we simply need to finish the task according to superior's orders, subtly, discreetly..."

...

Tobio watched the last of the film get sucked into his scythe.

This was the 5th victim of the serial killings. Humans had started calling it the B. Rabbit Hunt due to the culprit always leaving a card on the scene with a black rabbit smiling sinisterly on the other side of the card says: "Who should I hunt next?".

"Judgement complete," Tobio stamped the file and sighed.

After this, Ishikawa would be next.

Tobio looked at the now lifeless body lying on the ground. The person looks like a college student, probably fresh out of high school from the looks of it. Tobio shuddered slightly when his eyes met the other's dull ones. No matter how many times he reaped and saw the bodies, Tobio still couldn't quite get over the eerie feeling he's getting.