Chapter 6

"So I was thinking of dying my hair blonde, do you think it would look good on me?" Chelsea asked while we were eating sushi for lunch. We were at the same place that Mason brought me for dinner on the second day.
    "I really like the color you have now, it's unique."
    "Yeah you're probably right. What about you? Don't you want to dye your hair yet?"
    I shrugged as I ate my rice. "I'm just fine with my natural golden blonde color."
    "Well I guess an experiment won't hurt." She smiled at me. "I have these cool new professional hair dyes my mom sent me from Paris. Why don't you come over and we can give you a new look."
    "I don't know about that..." I started to say but she cut me off.
    "It'll wash away after like a month or so anyways if you don't like it." And so she convinced me to let her dye my hair. After lunch we went to her dorm which was in the girl's building. It was filled with girls. This was where I belonged. We soon reached her dorm and it was pink and filled with different girly accessories. Once inside I noticed another girl sitting on a bed. She had long, blonde hair and blue eyes.
    "Audrey meet my roommate Avery. and Av. this was the girl I was telling you about." She stood up and smiled.
    "Nice to meet you, I'm Avery." We shook hands.
   "Same for me." I smiled back. 
   "We gotta turn into hairstylists Av. I'm here to give Audrey a new look."

    "I'm up for it." She agreed. They sat me down in front of a vanity and Chelsea got together everything that she needed to dye my hair. She was really excited about it.
    "Um, are you sure you know how to do it?" I asked as concern washed over me.
    "Don't worry about it darling, I don't let anyone dye my hair. I only trust myself," Chelsea said reassuringly. 
    I nodded and she started getting a tube of paint.
    "Wait, what color?" I asked completely forgetting about the most important part.
    "I think a dark brown would suit you and your skin tone."
    "I trust you on this Chels." 
    "You won't regret it." She smiled and they both started working on my hair. They soon washed it off and then blow dried it. The process took a while and it was already sunset outside. After they were done I watched the brown curls drop one by one on my shoulders as Avery was using the curling iron.
    "Viola! Look at my masterpiece," Chelsea said as Avery put the iron down.
    "It looks better than I expected." I smiled looking at myself in the mirror. I soon got up and hugged them both. "It looks amazing."
    "Any time!" Chelsea chirped. 
    "Well it's getting late and I still have an essay to write. I hope we can hang out again soon."
    "Sure thing hun," Avery said and they lead me out the door. I walked to my dorm feeling fresh. This was like a girl's day and I just noticed that I hadn't seen or even thought of Mason for the entire day.
    I entered the dorm and Mason was sitting down writing something on the couch.
    "Ah!" he yelled and jumped up for a moment until he noticed it was me and started laughing.
    "I hope I didn't scare you much," I said sarcastically.
    "It's not that you scared me I thought a thief walked in or something." He shook his hair as he stood up. "Nice hair," he said, coming closer and touching one of the curls. I slapped his hand away. 
    "Don't touch."
    "Whatever you say darling."
    "I hate when you say that."
    "You'll get used to it." He grinned. "So who did your hair?"
    "My new friend Chelsea."
    "Is she hot?" he blurted.
    "She's unavailable." 
    "Alrighty then." Was all he said and we remained quiet the rest of the evening. It was time to go to sleep soon and I was already in my pajamas. I yawned and played with my hair before going to bed but as I passed by the window I noticed dark clouds in the sky and it was raining. I liked the rain but hated storms. Mason was already in his bed asleep. I flicked the light off and got into bed. About an hour passed and I jumped out of bed because of loud crashing sounds.
    It took me a moment to register it was thunder and the lightning was coming through the window and lighting up the whole room. I heard Mason snoring but the sounds kept me up. I got up and pulled the curtains tight together but it was no use. The thunder kept on roaring and I was moving around in my bed continuously.
    "Can you keep it down up there? I feel like you're jumping on my head," Mason moaned from the bottom bed.
    "Sorry, I just can't sleep."
    "Why not?" he whispered. It was odd that we were whispering even though there was no one else in the room.
    I hesitated at first but I thought I might as well tell him if we were working on being friends. "I'm afraid of thunder ok?" 
    I heard him chuckle. "It's just thunder, it's not gonna come into the dorm and kill you."
    "I know that but I can't sleep with the constant sounds." 
    "You seemed to like my bed, come down here and you'll fall asleep in minutes." 
    "That would be weird." 
    "I don't see anything wrong with being scared," he said and I felt the seriousness in his voice for once.
    "Fine but no flirting."
    "Deal." 
    I got out from my bed and climbed down, I saw him leaning against his pillow. I pulled the blanket and laid down on the bed. He laid down as well but I turned my back facing him and closed my eyes.
   "I really like this color on you, brown is my favorite for hair color. I would never change my hair color."
    "I'm glad to hear that."
    "Goodnight kitten," was the last thing he said and then I fell asleep.