26. First date

"Oh dear you look lovely in his shirt." Laura said as I walked out to the living room "thank you." I said smiling "hey babe." Reg said coming over "oh you're wearing it." He said pointing at the shirt I was wearing as a jacket "of course." I said smiling

"Well if you're ready let's head to the park

"Well if you're ready let's head to the park." He said "let's go." I said smiling. He held my hand as we walked out of there house "how far of a walk is it?" I asked "oh we're not walking baby." He said "do you have a car?" I asked "well no but dad is letting us take his car." He said holding up the key we walked towards the garage he opened the door "wow." I said looking at the car "I know." He said

(I'm not a car person but I do think Mustangs are cool

(I'm not a car person but I do think Mustangs are cool. This is just a picture I found from Google.)
"a Mustang." I said "yep 1969 Ford Mustang. It's his pride and joy." He said "and he's letting you drive it?" I asked "hey." He said I smiled "im just kidding." I said "well to be fair he normally doesn't let me drive it. I think just because it's our first date." He said "well I'm honoured." I said he walked around opening the passenger door for me "wow what a gentleman." I said pecking his cheek before getting in the car.

We drove through the town I just looked out the window admiring the city he pointed out the garage and his favourite diner which he said we will go to for lunch. It was a nice drive.

We pulled up at the park it looked really nice. There was a lot of paths along gardens, a fountain some picnic benches.

We started walking hand in hand down a path talking just about random things like what our childhoods were like and then even what we both sort of want for the future.

"You don't have any dream job?" I asked we were dow sitting on a bench still holding hands. "I mean I've only ever known cars and the army." He said "would you ever go back to the army?" I asked "I don't want to. I wouldn't go back just to be in the army, like as a job but I guess if god forbid there was ever another war and like the country and my family could be in danger then maybe but only if I really had to." He said "I think I've had enough of seeing people fight and hate just for the sake of having something to hate." He said "that's sounds fair." I said "besides I didn't really have a reason to stay here before. I had my family yea but other then them I was just another teenage boy who barely finished high school." He said "what about now?" I asked "now I have you." He said making me blush. "I love you and I don't want to go offfighting someone else's fight when my life is here." He said "I love you too." I said pecking his cheek he blushed.

"So. You know how everyone kept saying that we should get married?" He asked "yea." I said looking up at him concerned "I'm not about to propose. Yet." He said making me smile "but." He said "did you mean it when you said that it would have to be either before fall or in 6 years?" He asked I laughed a little "well. I mean I wasn't 100% serious. Like if say we weren't ready to get married but we were in like a year or 2 then yea I wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially because I know that Grace would probably plan like three quarters of it. And like if it feels right then definitely. I have just always been someone who likes to focus on 1 thing at a time and I feel like if I were to plan a wedding now my focus would be on that and it would be just how I imagine it." I said "would you be able to plan your perfect wedding by fall?" He asked "honey Grace probably started planning our wedding the moment I told her about you." I said "and we have been talking about what my 'perfect' wedding would be since I was 16." I said "it would probably be planned in a week. I already have a wedding dress I would just need to alter it to me." I said "you already have one?" He asked "oh uh yea. I kind of promised myself when I was 12 that I would wear my mum's wedding dress when I get married. It is a beautiful dress and it holds a special place in my heart." I said "so really the only thing missing is a proposal and a ring?" He asked "baby. I don't need some fancy engagement ring. I would honestly rather having more personal matching wedding bands over some engagement ring with a rock on it. Engagement rings are for people who want everyone to know that they found someone with money or to tell people that that person belongs to someone." I said "I don't care about how much money you have. And I don't need a ring to tell people that I am taken. I have words and this jacket to tell people that." I said he smiled "oh and I don't belong to anyone." I said he smiled even wider "god I love you." He said I smiled "question are you one for fancy dinner proposals or like night looking at the stars?" He asked "baby if you want to propose to me you don't have to do some big thing to do it." I said "I don't?" He asked "no. I would be happy if you proposed here right now. It's a sweet moment and a beautiful place." I said he looked at my face before getting up and kneeling on one knee in front of me holding both of my hands "Lexi. I may have only known you for a month but it feels like I've known you my whole life." He said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He said "Alexandria Matthews will you marry me?" He asked I had a massive smile on my face "yes. Re is it short for Reginald?" I asked he laughed "no sweetie. It's just Reg." He said "okay. Then yes Reg Slivko. I will marry you." I said kissing him smiling into the kiss.