Chapter 20 Charlotte's Choice

Start from the beginning

Song Theme: Midnight Syndicate- Mausoleum d' Haverghast
Charlotte's Songs: Everything I do

Charlotte's POV.

"What?" Emmanuel gasped. "What?" I whispered yelled, hearing their conversation. "Charlotte has to give up the life she had forever. She would need to repeat her vows in the land of living and drink from the wine of ages." Elder Gutknecht explained. "Poison!" Emmanuel shocked. I was shocked and speechless, covered my mouth from my hand trying not make noise. "No, no, no it can't be! It's too risky for her. I promise her I would make it up to her but not like this." Emmanuel broken-hearted.

"This would stop his heart forever

"This would stop his heart forever. Only then would she be free to give it to you." Elder Gutknecht said. "No, I can't do this, I could never ask her to take her life because of me. She's been through a lot of pain because of me and I don't making it worse." Emmanuel torn. "It's true I broke her heart and our promise but I will not break another one again. I love her too much, I could never let her suffer more from such a fate as I have." Emmanuel confessed in a sadness tone. "Emmanuel" My thoughts, feeling guilty and sad for him. "I would never forgive myself if I ask her to do that much as I hated myself for what I've done. I can't, I just can't go through this. I just can't." Emmanuel pleaded. I'm touched by his confessed with tears coming down from my eyes. I remove my hand from my mouth and made my decision to do the right thing.

"He's been fighting through the pain he made but never forgive himself as he was trying to make it up to me

"He's been fighting through the pain he made but never forgive himself as he was trying to make it up to me. He shouldn't face the pain alone." My thoughts, before opening the door. I see Emmanuel knee down, covered his face with his hands crying while Elder Gutknecht tried to cheer Emmanuel up. "You don't have to, Emmanuel." I spoke, coming towards him. Emmanuel looked up after removing his hands, shocked to see me. "I'll do it!" I accept my decision. "No, you don't know what you're saying." Emmanuel pleaded, getting up from the ground. "I do, Emmanuel! I know you promise for trying to make it up to me but you've been struggling to figure out and been a better husband alone. So please don't try to fight the pain and figure it out alone." I confessed, cupped his cheek, wiped his tears smoothly.