I smiled warily and nodded my head. I was dreading whatever he wanted to do, but you know what they say curiosity killed the cat.

Mark stopped walking and I was holding his hand, so, I came to a stop with him as well. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put my hands on his shoulder so I could look at him, and gave him a questioning look. In a blink of an eye Mark's forehead was pressed against mine, and he looked extremely nervous. My heart was thudding hard and it was ready to jump out my body. Mark took a deep breath and leaned into me more so that his lips brushed against mine. My eyes popped open in shock, but he didn't notice because his were closed. When I didn't move back he pulled me tighter against him and took my lips in his. Neither one of us knew what we were doing, but we kept "kissing" for about 30 more seconds before pulling apart. I was sure I was blushing, while Mark was grinning like an idiot.

"Yes! I got my first kiss from my most favorite person!" he said and took my hand in his once again, "let's go tell everyone Meme!" Mark chirped and dragged me with him to the playground.

Someone was shaking me by the shoulders rather violently. I looked up to see Mark giving me a sheepish smile; when I glared at him he stopped shaking me.

"Why were you shaking me like that?" I asked him snippily. I was having such a cute flashback.

"You were in wonderland I was taking you out of it, so, what were you thinking about?" he asked curiously.

I blushed and waved my hand in a dismissive gesture. But of course Mark wasn't having any of that, he took the hand I was waving and held it tightly with one eyebrow raised questioningly.

"Um well about the kiss..." I mumbled.

Without a warning Mark pulled me in a hug and held my head to his chest.

"I don't regret a second of that kiss. I am glad I got to share my first kiss with you. You were gorgeous then and now you are even more stunning. Damn, Michael stole my beautiful best friend from me."

I was so flattered and overwhelmed by that statement that I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry. So, I held onto his waist a little tighter and grabbed the back of his shirt in my hands. You know what they say, "Actions speak louder than words." Mark sighed and rested his head on top of mine.

"Ah! I see you still have him wrapped around your fat fingers, just like you did in 7th grade."

I looked up and followed the sound of the voice and there stood Maya, my former best friend.

Mark's hold on me tightened for a second and then he let me go, but on of his hands were still wrapped around my waist.

"She was never fat Maya and look now she has a model's body unlike you. Too bad you had to get liposuction to get a body like hers, but it didn't really work for you now, did it?" he mocked "Don't be jealous now, not everyone can be as perfect as Mariah," his grip on me tightened and I felt the familiar butterflies in my stomach that his mere presence brings. What he said about me warmed my heart, as always he stood up for me. I looked like a mini hippopotamus back then but he is still denying that, how can I not like a guy as amazing as him?

Maya glared at me and walked away. Mark took my face in his hands and kissed my forehead, then he said bye and started walking towards his class. I watched his back while he was walking away but then all of a sudden he stopped in his track and I just knew he was going to turn around.

Sure enough he turned around and pointed towards his eye, then he curled his fingers touching the tips of his fingers together in a heart shape, and then he pointed towards me. A smile made its way onto my face when I realized what he was trying to say. He knew I got what he was saying, but he still mouthed the words "I love you," to me, and then blew me a kiss that I pretended to catch and left.