Seven

"Don't."

"I'm not even doing anything, Kartien."

You spoke, looking around due to a presence you have been feeling for a while now.

"But you're meddling."

"No I'm not."

You spoke, pausing as you glare at him before looking around once again.

"Just want to go out for a walk."

You added, standing up from your seat and eventually started walking out the door as soon as you set your research paper down.

"(First name)(Last name)."

You turn around to look at your acquaintance, one you know for a very long time due to countless researches the two of you have done together but never really cross the line, a silent and not obvious mutual respect.

"Don't get involved."

"What? Why?"

You frown but then relaxed, not that you were listening. Not that you are going to listen, like really.

"He's none of your business, don't get yourself involved with that guy..."

"Woah, that's new. Coming from you?"

You chuckle at him, causing Kartien to get irked up, hands gripping on the paper he was currently reading.

"Forget it, do your shit."

"Awww look at him getting all mad."

"Quit pissing him off, (First name)."

Said the familiar voice on the side.

It was your adoptive sister you took into the family a long time ago. Leanne, who was currently laying down and relaxing on the couch inside Kartien's office, eating her chips in hand. She was doing something no one would even dare do right in front of the world's best healer and someone who belongs to the world's top 50 rankers.

"If you're going, then go. Stop playing around here."

Leanne spoke shamelessly, not even once look up to spare you a glance as she kept eating her damn chips.