"Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course you're better than me." This makes Todoroki pause. "I think you're more capable than most people... Looking at it objectively..." Kirishima puts his hands up to Izuku.

"Maybe you shouldn't think so negatively, Midoriya." Izuku just shakes his head.

"But- everyone, the students from other courses, are aiming for the top with everything they got. I can't afford to fall behind." The ending is barely a whisper, but the entire class hears it anyway.

"I'm going with everything I've got, too." He finishes, raising his head as high as it will go. Todoroki nods. Everybody starts walking out of the classroom as if on cue, but I'm left standing. I don't notice there is somebody still in here with me until a broad hand lands gently on my shoulder.

"Koyasu, we should be going. They're entering the stadium." Tenya's soft, but firm voice says.

"Well, let's go then!" I look up, giving Tenya the brightest smile I can give. I'm feeling more than discouraged, after hearing Izuku's speech, but I could never make Tenya late for such an important event. And I know that he wouldn't go without one of his classmates.

-

The first-year stadium is the fullest than it's ever been before. People, young and old, from far and wide came to see the bright, and ever-so-popular Class 1-A compete against not only each other but the other unknown students from the other classes. People are discussing everything under the sun with old friends and new enemies as they wait for the classes to enter the stadium.

The stadium becomes deafeningly loud as one of the several giant screens flashed to life, showing the beloved hero: Present Mic.

"Hey! Pay attention audience!!" He screams into the already maxed-out microphone in the announcer booth. The sound booth workers immediately turned the tv's volume down so no actual ear trauma would happen.

"Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescents that you all love, the U.A. Sports Festival, is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready?!" He yells, forcing the audience to scream even louder than they were before. "It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!"

-

The screams of the audience echo intensely as we strut down the large cement hallway. The natural light from the sky outside makes it impossible to see out of the massive exit.

I take deep breaths as I walk with the group of people I have gotten to know over the past few weeks. If you thought the cheers were loud before, you should hear them now, as the first people in our group enter the stadium. I notice everybody is walking in like professionals. I have to think of something original to do with my entrance and FAST. I'm about to exit the hallway when I think of something perfect to do.

As I step into the warmth of the stadium, which is completely different than the cold feeling of the hallway, I activate my quirk. I don't do too much and drain myself, but I do something.

People's gazes are stuck to my body as I walk out. Even the giant screens have begun to display my entrance. I make the hallucination of the diamonds embedded in my skin twinkle a little brighter. The crowd loves it. If people didn't know me, they do now. I just need them to know me for the right thing.

As our class settles in front of the giant stage in the center of the field, I release the dazzling gems from my skin. They disappear into the air without as much as a flicker.

Present Mic announces the other classes with an exaggerated amount of enthusiasm while I search the crowd. I don't realize who I'm looking for until I don't find him. My father, of course.  Unfortunately, his small frame would be impossible to notice from the ground level that I'm on. Not to mention he's probably behind one of the tinted windows in the VIP box rooms.