[014]

i hate this chapter but i have plans i do

[chapter 14]

---

"i should be an interior designer."

punz laughed. "should you now?" he stepped back next to nick to admire their work. they'd finished furnishing the kitchen, bathroom, and living room, and now they were done with the studio. all that was left was punz's bedroom.

"yes. do you see this studio?" sapnap gestured widely with his hands.

"i do," punz replied, a small smile on his lips.

"i could make money so many different ways. music could be a side gig, y'know." sapnap grabbed punz's sleeve and lead him into the kitchen. the cupboards were empty for the most part but there were various "starter" food items in the fridge. sapnap pulled out two apples, rinsed them, and tossed one to punz, who caught it.

"music is a side gig unless you're like fuckin' wilbur or taylor swift," punz countered as he took a bite of his apple.

sapnap shrugged, mouth full of his own apple. "are we doing your bedroom tomorrow?" he asked once he swallowed. punz nodded, hopping up to sit on the counter.

"thanks for helping me unpack, by the way," punz said, starting to swing his legs back and forth.

"'course. i had fun," sapnap paused, "i'm having fun."

punz smiled to himself, hiding it with his apple.

"we going back to mine?" sapnap asked as he tossed his apple core out. punz shrugged, which sapnap took as a yes and pulled punz off of the counter by his arm. punz could barely catch himself on sapnap, finding himself face to face with him. he quickly played it off as sliding past him.

sapnap stood still for a few moments before he followed punz to the door and shoved his feet back into his sneakers. the walk was okay quiet, save for commotion on the streets around them. punz had his hands shoved in his hoodie pockets while sapnap's were clasped together awkwardly.

"do you plan on getting a pet?" sapnap asked softly once they were nearing the apartment building. punz's head perked up and his gaze swiveled onto sapnap.

"maybe. i dunno what the 'rules' are regarding pets yet," punz replied, shrugging, extracting one hand from his pockets to pull the door open. sapnap ducked inside first then punz followed suit.

"should we invite niki and minx over? or even dream and fundy?" sapnap spoke as they walked into his apartment. he locked the door behind him, kicking off his shoes. punz was already crouching to pet sapnap's cat and sapnap smiled.

"yeah sure," punz replied, seeming distracted by the feline in front of him.

sapnap rolled his eyes. "alright, i'll go call him."