𝖎𝖎. a soul which never grows.

"SO IT WASN'T DESTINY AFTER ALL," Ko Munyeong mused, "I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of this," Munyeong added, "Let go of the knife. He's a patient," Jisu said patiently, "He's not a patient. He's vermin," Munyeong explained, glancing at the man. "She's crazy. She's completely nuts," the man rambled as he ran off. Munyeong turned to him and before she could do anything, Jisu removed the knife from her grasp.

They could hear the faint noise of his proclaims as Jisu took out a cloth and carefully removed the blade from her skin and started to wrap the knife. "Is the knife hurt? Why are you wrapping it?" Munyeong remarked as Jisu ignored her.

"If he's non-compos mentis, we can say that I acted in self-defense," she explained, "I just wanted to give him a small cut but you overreacted and hurt yourself," she added, "Here," she said extending her hand out. Jisu glanced at her as she smiled sightly and grabbed Jisu's hand.

"Your hand, not the knife," she explained as she threw the knife away, "Here's my special service. You know what? In this world, there are people who deserve to die. But some thoughtful freaks kill them for us in secret. That is why the clueless civilians can sleep peacefully at night completely unaware of it," Munyeong explained as she wrapped Jisu's hand up with the cloth. "Which one do you think I am?" Munyeong sang, "You're a clueless freak," Jisu joked, snorting a bit as Ko Munyeong flashed a smile.

           "Aigoo, thanks to you, my suturing skills are getting better by the day," the doctor remarked, "Stop hurting yourself already. Dr Song? Dr Song Jisu?" the Doctor asked as he snapped Jisu out of her daze, "Yes?" Jisu asked, "What were you thinking about?" The doctor asked, 'It's done,"

Gangtae and Jisu stood in front of the hospital manager stiffly, "A patient who should've been in isolation escaped, barged in there and ruined the event. Guardians are calling to complain so the phones are ringing off the hook. We need to quickly find someone who will take the bullet," he said glancing at Gangtae and Jisu.

"Are you saying that one of us should be that person?" Jisu asked quietly, "The one in charge of the transfer is new, so I can't really fire him and Jisu here is one of our client's favorites. I see here that you've worked at so many hospitals in the past ten years. Aigoo, 15 hospitals in total and less than a year at all of them. You've been here for 10 months so you'll be quitting soon anyway. I'll say that you've worked here for a year and so I'll pay you the severance pay. Let's sort it out that way," he said.

Gangtae returned his name card and left the hospital and not long after him, Jisu followed him. "Jisu, you have been one of our best employees. Why quit now?" he asked, "Because I need to stick together with my family," she replied simply as she followed Gangtae out the door.

Just as Gangtae got off the bus, the second bus got off and Jisu hopped off. "Jisu-ya, why are you here?" Gangtae asked, "You're my family. So I'm sticking with you guys," Jisu explained as she sat next to him. She sat with him in silence for a while as Jisu's phone suddenly rang

She took a look at the random number and ignored it. They continued to sit in silence when a loud motorbike sound was heard. the figure stopped in front of them and Jisu smiled as she knew exactly who it was.

"I was delivering chicken but I saw two people sitting like sick little chickens and I knew it was you two," Jae-su remarked as Jisu and Gangtae let out small laughs. He threw Jisu a helmet, "Hop on, I'll give you two a ride," Jae-su winked as Gangtae hopped on the bike but Jisu declined, saying she should be heading home right about now.

She took a cab home and when she arrived, she was greeted by the huge mansion. She entered the huge home and took her shoes off. "Appa! I'm home!" Jisu yelled as she went to the living room to see her parents sitting together and watching TV. "Hello Jisu-dear," Mr. Song smiled as Jisu leaned into peck Mr. Song on the cheek

"I quit my job today," Jisu stated as her father turned to her, "Why? What happened?" Mr Song asked worriedly as Jisu explained everything. "Gosh, poor Gangtae. Getting fired for no reason?" Mr. Song, "Yep, and now and I'm jobless," Jisu laughed sarcastically.

"Don't worry dear, Appa has an old friend who has been looking for a new doctor for his hospital," Mr. Song assured his daughter, "Though it is in our hometown," he added, his tone careful. 

"I'll think about it... Thank you Appa," Jisu smiled before going up to her room. She threw her bag to the side and lied down. A sudden wave of deja vu hit her as she remembered those eyes. Dark, mysterious, and stoic.

She finally reached her phone which had been buzzing for minutes now and finally read the annoying texts. She quickly replied with a quick sure and turned on the TV in her room. Her eyes widened at what the TV broadcasted.

The same patient she tried to save today died. he had taken his own life with the same knife that had cut her skin. She watched as they explained everything. "Well... you can't save everyone all the time," she told herself, but she felt terrible.

She turned the TV off immediately and went to look around her room. She could see the book that she was given to by a little girl she treated. The kid who fed on nightmares. She flipped through the pages and read the book and read the last sentence out loud. "Remember it all and overcome it, if you don't overcome it, you'll always be a kid whose soul never grows,"