Magic

[Title Reference: Magic America - Blur]

===Reader ~ 2nd-Person ~ POV===

Once you and Damon had both settled back into the limo, you ask him,
"Where to next?"

"Well, it's getting pretty dark now, yeah? I was thinking you could stay the night in my hotel room. That is, if you don't mind sleeping in the same bed."

"I think I'll manage to keep my hands to myself for the night.", you say sassily, crossing your arms.

"Can't say the same myself, love.", he snickers.

You give him a light shove as he continues to laugh at himself.
"Oh, stop it! Don't flatter yourself."

"I'm not! I know you're into me.", he says as he raises an eyebrow half-jokingly.

All you can respond with is a judgmental glare. You don't want to give in to his effortless charm just yet. You've got the whole night to do so. Damon tells the driver where to go as you pause and decide to switch topics once he's sat back down.
"I'm sure you've answered enough questions for today but do you mind if I ask a few?"

"Anything for you, darling.", he says, casually crossing his legs.

Fuck. At this rate, you'd give in within the next hour if he continues calling you that. It made you weak in the knees a bit. Luckily you were sitting down. You clear your throat and ask,
"Alright... so, what's fame like? Do you enjoy it?"

He sighs deeply.
"Well it's a pain in the arse really, to be honest. I've worked so hard the past few years trying to make the band a success... and I'm rewarded with a complete lack of privacy from both the public and press. Media rips me to shreds, making up rumors based on nothing, as people follow me around all day, watching my every move. Fame is nothing like what it's cracked up to be, y/n. It can be living hell at times."

"Oh Damon, you deserve so much better. I wish the world was different. I wish they saw you as a person, like everyone else, and not an object."

"So do I, y/n.", he responds, looking down as he fiddles with his silver cuban link chain bracelet.
"But that's just how it is. At least I have my mates who understand."

"Yeah, I'm glad."
Theres a few seconds of silence before you ask your next question, hopefully a more cheerful one.
"What are your bandmates like? I'd love to meet them someday."

"I'm sure you'd really get along with them, y/n! Graham plays guitar for the band. We've been best buds for a long time. I've known him since we were eleven. He's a bit shy at first but he'd warm up to you quick. Then there's Alex, who plays bass. He'd probably annoy you to death, cracking shit jokes every minute and never shutting up about his love for cheese."

"I quite like cheese, though."

"He'll love talking to you then. Last but not least there's Dave, the best drummer ever. He's quite a smart lad who can hold a great conversation with virtually anyone. I'm lucky to know him."

"They sound like great guys, Dames.", you smile.

"Are we on a nickname basis now, before second base?", he asks jokingly.

"I hate you.", you say, trying to hide your growing smile.

"Anyways, I'm sure I could take you to meet them sometime, if you want."

"That would be amazing, Damon! I bet I could use my vacation days to go with you.", you say giddily.

"I'd love to give you a tour of London as well. Sound like a plan?"