"Inappropriate"

(TW: The f slur is used in this chapter so be warned. Just making sure I don't offend anyone! Enjoy!)

After composing yourself at your work station, you head out into the main area of MTV Studios. There's a bar on the other side of the large industrial-style building, opposite of the set. As you make your way to the bar where your friend Erin works, you catch a glimpse of Damon on-set. He looks so adorable with his blushed, freckly face of his. The interviewer doesn't look so pleased though. He appears to be upset with Damon for some reason. You decide to brush it off and mind your own business. You've had enough drama for today anyways.

Erin greets you as she normally does. "Hey bud, how was today's shift?", she says in a welcoming tone.

"Very tiring... to say the least.", you reply.

"You got through it, that's what matters.", she says with a large grin spread across her face.

Erin always was the optimistic one.
"That's true, I guess."

"Anything interesting happen with your clients? You've always got some stories to tell.", she asks as she wipes a glass off with her cloth.

"Well, it's really none of your damn business but..."

"But what?"

"Erin, I really shouldn't be telling you what happens between me and my clients. It's, you know, confidential.", you mutter.

"Bullshit. Did you sign a fucking contract that said so?", she sputters.

"Nah. It's just that, these people's lives are already devoid of privacy as is. I don't want to worsen the extent of it."

"Ah alright, I get it. That makes sense. I would hate being in the spotlight constantly like them."

"Me too. That's why I think we should be a little more empathetic."

"Empathetic? They're really just a bunch of rich assholes though, you know that right?", Erin says callously.

"Maybe...but that doesn't make them any less human.", you say as you scrunch your eyebrows at her response.

"Whatever you say.", she says, rolling her eyes.

Erin, the optimistic human-hater and you, the pessimistic people-pleaser. You two truly were polar opposites. It always made for interesting conversation though, you couldn't deny that.

"I guess there is one story I can tell you about today.", you whisper, grabbing the glass from her hand.

"I knew it! You never do disappoint,
y/n. Spill the beans!", she yells.

"Shhh! I'm not trying to let the whole building know!"

"Right, my bad."

"Now pour me a vodka cranberry, stat."

"Say no more!" Erin hurriedly pours vodka and cranberry juice into a glass and quickly stirs it with her trusty cocktail spoon as you watch intently.
"Who's this story about, anyway?", she asks.

"Well, you know that cute chap that's being interviewed as we speak?", you say, grinning.

"Of course! That's Damon Albarn!", Erin shouts enthusiastically.

"Wait, you actually know who he is?", you say, shocked, despite how you worded the question.

"Hell yeah, who doesn't these days? I guess they're not as big here as the UK but still, his band is everywhere!"