𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕒 ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕖 ❤️

Tanjiro's POV:
"Get out of my sight, Kamado. I love someone else now." Were the words that came from a very different (Y/N).

"W-what?" I stuttered, shocked that my (Y/N) would, or could, ever say such a thing.

She looked at me with what looked to be pity and smirked evilly.
This wasn't my (Y/N).

"Get lost. My new boyfriend is so much better than you." She said and walked away, cackling with glee.

I sat there, my heart aching. Why would she do this? I was trying my best. I thought I was being a good partner...

I looked down and felt tears running down my cheek. I then saw two pairs of feet step in front of me.

I looked up and saw (Y/N) clutching the arm of her new boyfriend, who strangely looked a lot like me. He had a sinister smile as he looked down at me.

He was wearing a suit and was holding a wad of cash, while smoking a cigarette.

"I'm better than you in every way." He sneered...

Then my nightmare ended.

I woke up in a cold sweat, and my heart felt like it was sinking. Once I realized that it was only a dream, I felt a little better. But it still hurt.

I looked at my clock, and it read 1:00 am.

I put on my jacket and shoes and decided to go to (Y/N)'s house. The real (Y/N). The one that I know and love.

She was the only one who could comfort me right now, as my self-esteem levels have plummeted.

I shivered in the cold of the night. I brought my phone with me to use as a flashlight because no one really keeps the outside lights on around here.

Soon I finally reached her house, and knocked on the door, hugging myself. I hoped she was awake, although... what would she be awake for?

I waited for a little while and was about to leave when (Y/N) answered the door while holding a kitchen knife.

"Oh! It's you, Tanjiro...whew" she said and put a hand on her chest.

"I thought you were a midnight burglar." She joked.
She stopped smiling when she saw my pained face.

"Tanjiro? What's wrong?" She took my left hand and held it softly between her own.

"C-can I come in?" I mumbled.

"Of course, baby. It must be something bad for you to come at one in the morning." She put her hand on my shoulder and led me inside, and onto her small couch.

She asked me what happened. I explained it to her, and she held my hands the entire time.

"So that's why I came here."
After I was done, she looked at the floor for a few seconds, probably thinking about what to say.

She looked back up at me with a straight face.
"You know I would never do something so awful, don't you?"

I nodded.

"It still hurts though."

She nodded as well and stood up, covering me in a blanket.

"Wait right here." She walked into her kitchen and was gone for a couple of minutes.

When she came back, she had two mugs and a bowl of popcorn.
"I have snacks." She smiled and handed me one of the mugs.

That's my grandmother's special tea blend. It's supposed to help your spirits feel more lifted." She said and plopped down, covering her legs with some on the blanket she gave me.

When I tried the tea, everything suddenly felt lighter. My chest, my breathing, my shoulders. Everything.

"Wow... this tea really works!" I praised.

She simply nodded and didn't say a word as she took a sip of her own tea.

"Say... what were you doing awake past midnight?" I inquired.

She choked on her drink for a second and looked at me with wide eyes.

"N-nothing."

I laughed. It felt good to laugh.

"Oh, and by the way, that guy in your dream sounds super petty. I would never date someone like him." She grinned.

"(Y/N), thanks for comforting me and not being mad for visiting you at midnight. I honestly don't know what I was thinking."

"Don't be silly! I'm always happy to see you. Though, if I had been asleep, I probably would have been a little grouchy, hehe" (Y/N) stuffed a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"Anyway, let's just leave bitchy (Y/N) and asshole Tanjiro behind and enjoy our life as it is." She soothed.

Then she smiled, blushing, and I realized how close she was to me.

"Can I get a kiss?" She pleaded.

Obviously I obliged and gave her a kiss.

Then she hugged me and we sat like that for a while.

"Will Mr. Urokodaki be mad at you?" She was worried.

"Not if I get home before 5:30."

"Well, It's almost 4:00."

"Oh, really? It doesn't feel like I've been here that long..." I sighed, knowing I'd have to leave shortly.

"Time flies when you're with someone you love." (Y/N) kissed my hand and giggled.

"My mother used to say that a lot." She added.

"Your mother must have been a smart woman, just like you." I squeezed her hand and blushed.

(Y/N) smiled and walked me over to the door.

"Good ni- er, well, morning? Anyway, I hope you feel better baby." She said, wrapping her arms around my neck and pecking me on the cheek.

That alone already made me feel better.

"I already do. See you later, Angel." I waved goodbye.  

I really love that girl.