𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣❤️

(Y/N) woke up to a rainy day this time. Since her house was so small, it was also rather cold. She shivered and hid under her blankets.

It was getting close to the start of the school year. (Y/N) was slightly dreading it. She was getting used to the comfort and warmth of the summer sun.

Not that she hated autumn, she just didn't want to go back to school.  (Pretend that in this world school starts in autumn, like in America or Canada instead of spring, like in Japan.)

Rainy days often made her rather drowsy. And since she had nothing important to do today, she decided to sleep in for just a little while longer.

_________________________

"Holy crap..." (Y/N) muttered as she looked at her alarm clock.
It was 12:00 already.

"Man, I slept in way too late." She said and groaned as she got up.

She made herself a (hot beverage) and a sandwich. A simple but delicious start to the day.

She took out her phone to look at the morning news, then smiled when she saw a few messages from Tanjiro.
Tanjiro:
Good morning (Y/N)! Did you sleep well?
I thought I'd ask if you wanna hang out today :D
10:32

Luckily he didn't text her too long ago. Only a few hours have passed.

(Y/N):
Sorry for the late reply! Of course I want to hang out!
:P

She sighed as she waited for Tanjiro to answer. Suddenly she got excited when she saw the three dots come up, indicating that Tanjro was typing something.

Tanjiro:
Slept in late, I see? Haha
Wanna meet by the beach in half an hour?

(Y/N)'s heart rushed with joy as her (E/C) eyes looked lovingly at the message.

Finally she decided.

She was going to tell Tanjiro how she felt today.

_________________________

After a while of fussing about her appearance, she decided that she should just leave as she was. She didn't have much time left anyway.

So with that she grabbed the picnic basket full of food for lunch, (enough for two, of course.) put on a light jacket, and ran out the door.

As she walked down to the beach, she thought about what she would say, what she would do, what Tanjiro would say and do...

What if Tanjiro didn't like her back? She wouldn't be able to talk to him for the rest of her life. With every step, her heart would get more and more anxious. She started to feel hot, and her palms were sweating.

Finally she got there, and saw Tanjiro reading a mystery novel by the shore.

"H-hi Tanjiro." (Y/N) said shyly.

"Oh! Hi (Y/N)!" Tanjiro seemed to have a burst of energy once (Y/N) was in his sight.

Of course (Y/N) didn't notice, because she was too nervous to think about anything else.

"I, um, brought some lunch!" She offered and opened the basket.

"Wow! This looks great! You didn't have to do that!" Tanjiro complimented and smiled warmly at her.
She blushed and hid her face a bit
"It's no problem at all."

Tanjiro helped her set up the picnic blanket and they both sat down, thinking about each other.

They sat in comforting silence before Tanjiro decided to spark conversation.
"So, uh, what kind of cookies are these?"
"Oh, double chocolate."
"You really like your chocolate, (Y/N)." Tanjiro said and took a bite of the freshly-baked cookies.
His eyes widened and (Y/N) could have sworn she saw tears in his eyes.
"This is really spectacular." He said quietly, eyes closed.
"I'm glad you like them, haha.' (Y/N) said and smiled,
'I worked hard on them."
"I can tell! I can almost taste the love you put into these."

Before long Tanjiro and (Y/N) noticed the sun was starting to set. Yet again, they had been out longer than planned.

After many compliments and conversation, the two agreed on going for a walk and packed up the food.
Somewhere along the beach was a large rock, ideal for sitting and enjoying the view and that's where they intended on going.

On the way, both of them felt their cheeks getting warmer and warmer. They didn't make eye contact with each other for a while.
Finally they got to the huge boulder, planted firmly into the sand.

Tanjiro jumped up by himself, as he was surprisingly athletic, and after helped (Y/N) up onto it.
They both blushed when he grabbed her hand to pull her up.

Neither of them had said a word since they packed up their picnic, but they both liked it that way. The two teens lived by the phrase, "Silence is golden" as they both knew to appreciate listening.

Once he helped her up, they laid down and stared at the now starry sky.
"Hey (Y/N)?" Tanjiro asked, turning his head to look at her.
"Yeah Tanji?" She turned to look at him back.
Tanjiro remained silent for a few seconds, then looked back at the sky.
"You're a really great person. I'm really nervous to say this, but..."
He paused and touched her hand.
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Tanjiro was now facing the complete opposite direction of the girl he had just confessed his feelings to.

(Y/N) was in complete shock, as she never expected this to happen.

She started to giggle.

"Wow, I didn't expect that." She said with the face of a tomato.
"Sorry... if you don't like me in the same way I'm more than happy just being friends." Tanjiro muttered sadly.

"That's not what I meant at all. I... I like you too. A lot actually."
"Really?"
"Trust me, this is NOT something I would joke about. I was planning to tell you my feelings first, but I guess you beat me to it." (Y/N) smiled and held Tanjiro's hand tightly.
Tanjiro smiled lovingly at her.
"You have no idea how happy I feel right now." He whispered, then laid back down to look at the stars.
"Ever since we started to become friends, and the more and more I got to know you, the more I was convinced you were an angel." Tanjiro said shyly.
"Stop, you're gonna make me blush..." (Y/N) said and curled up into a ball of embarrassment.
"But I'm serious! You have such a kind, sweet and gorgeous soul, and I had a feeling from the start that you were my soulmate."
"Okay, now I'm blushing." (Y/N) laughed.

"So does that mean we can call ourselves a couple?" Tanjiro asked.
"Of course it does!" (Y/N) answered.

And with those final words, the young couple stared into the sky, holding each other's hand, and enjoying the silence of each other's presences.

This is the start of a wild and beautiful life.