𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 33: 𝐴𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Mom?"

"Y/n... come here," My mother said, as she laid on the hospital bed, hooked to numerous different machines. She had a colorful, floral head scarf wrapped around the top of her head.

She raised out her hand to me. I slowly walked up and placed my hand on her's. "I love you, y/n. Be good." She said to me, before all her movements stopped, and the beeping sound blended together, now sounding like one long beep.

Tears started to stream from my eyes. "Mom, n-no. D-Don't die..." I said, while crying. "Don't leave me!" I yelled. Just then, a large amount of doctors and nurses rushed into the room. A doctor ran up to my mom's bed, and pushed me out of the way.

My hand fell out of my mother's and I stumbled back. I tripped on something behind me, which made me fall down to the ground. I landed on the hospital floor harshly.

Then I sprang up in my hospital bed, sweating. My breathing was out of control. I looked around my dark hospital room. My uncle was asleep on a small couch in the room. I checked the time, which read '2:34 AM'.

I raised my hand to my forehead and wiped some sweat from my forehead. My chest hurt with every breath I took. I tried to get my breathing under control quietly, so I didn't wake up my uncle.

I thought about my dream, and an idea popped into my head. If Uncle Bucky won't let me see Miguel, I'll have to see him without Bucky knowing... So, I'm going to try to find his hospital room and see him right now...

I softly pulled my blanket off, and slowly swung my legs over the side of my bed. I softly touched my bare feet onto the cold hospital floor. I stood up from my bed. My legs were sore, due to the fighting and bruises that were planted on. My head and chest hurt as well, but nothing is stopping me from seeing Miguel.

I quietly tip-toed through the room, and grabbed the door knob. I opened the door as quietly as I could. I tried to take a step out of the door, but my foot ran into the door frame with a loud thump. I quick raised my hand to my mouth, so I would scream in pain at my freshly stubbed toe.

I looked back, to make sure my uncle didn't hear. Luckily for me, he was still sound asleep. I sighed in relief, and continued out the door. I quietly shut the door behind me, before looking down at my stubbed toe. "Geez! Why the fuck does stubbing your toe hurt so bad..." I said quietly to myself.

I looked around the hallway, which was pretty much empty, except for a few patients and nurses scattered around here and there.

I started my look for Miguel's room. I limped down the hallway, taking quick glances through the windows on each room, to see if I could find Miguel. I looked through almost all the rooms in my hallway, and I was starting to think of other ways to find Miguel's room.

There was one more room to check, so I held my breath and crossed my fingers, hoping I'd see Miguel in it. I limped up to the window and looked through.

I spotted a familiar looking french braid in a woman's hair. This hairstyle, was always worn by Miguel's mom. I found the right room.

Inside the room, Miguel's mom and grandma were asleep on chairs in the room. I looked to the hospital bed, to see an injured Miguel laying there. He had a big bruise around his eye, and a big neck brace around his neck. He was hooked onto a bunch of machines.

My heart broke slightly at the sight in front of me. Seeing my best friend lying on a hospital bed with injuries spread all over his body, brought back unhappy memories. Those memories, being what happened to my mother.

When I was young, my mother was diagnosed with cancer. And I happened to be in the hospital room when she died. Hence, my bad dreams. I would have almost the same dream about my mother almost every night. It made me not want to even sleep.

But, it's been a while since my last nightmare. That is, until tonight. I'm not sure why they stopped in the first place, or why I just had one again.

Seeing Miguel there made me grow increasingly more nervous and worried. I didn't want what happened to my mom happen to Miguel.

Many 'What if' thoughts crowded my head...

What if Miguel isn't ok?

What if Miguel doesn't wake up?

What if what happened to my mom happens to Miguel?

Tears started to sting my eyes. I couldn't stand there and stare at him any longer, and I didn't want to wake up Miguel's mom and grandma. They've probably been worried sick about him. They needed just as much rest as me. I turned and walked back to my hospital room.

I just hope Miguel is ok...

¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸