• Chapter 28 •

Start from the beginning

~~~

Bellamy, Finn, Kane, Abby, and the rest of the guards crouched down low as they approached the drop-site. There were dead bodies of fellow juvenile delinquents around them, so they were on high alert.

"It's too quiet." Bellamy warned the group before he and Finn started to move forward. But Kane grabbed their arms before they could get anywhere.

"We'll take it from here. Banks, Scanlon, you stay with them. We'll signal once we're sure we're safe." Kane told the two boys before leading Abby and most of the guard forward. Bellamy couldn't help but feel kind of angry. Bellamy and Finn glanced at each other, thinking the same thing: Julia was missing and Kane expected them to just stay behind?

Up ahead, Kane and Abby entered the drop ship. They both quickly scanned the room and were shocked at what they saw. Julia's pale, blood-covered body was still laying in Murphy's lap, but she was unconscious. Kane completely froze in horror. She looked dead. His daughter looked dead.

Murphy looked up at them and the adults could see tears in his eyes and tear-stained cheeks as he begged. "Help her, please."

Abby was the first to snap out of her shock and rushed to the young girl's side. The first thing she did was check for a pulse and let out an audible sigh of relief when she felt one. She didn't know the girl personally but she knew who she was to Kane and she was just a young girl, so she was very relieved by the discovery that she was still alive.

"She's alive." Abby announced. Now knowing that his daughter was in fact still alive, Kane was able to function again and quickly moved to Julia's side beside Abby.

"What happened?" Kane questioned Murphy, wanting to know what caused Julia to be in this state. That's when Abby noticed a bloody Raven on the other side of the room.

"The grounders captured us and stabbed her." Murphy explained as Abby checked her over quickly, wanting to check Raven, but wanting to understand the basics of what shape Julia was in first.

"What can I do?" Kane asked Abby. "She needs a stretcher. Raven too." Abby told him as she left Julia's side and went over to Raven. Kane nodded and went outside to order one of the guards to get two stretchers.

"Raven. Raven, honey, it's Abby." Abby spoke to Raven who looked up at her. "Clarke's not here. I don't know where she is." Raven told her.

Abby hesitated for a moment as she took this information in before asking, "What happened to you?"

Murphy tensed as he held onto Julia just a fraction tighter. He knew that if Raven told the truth that there was no way he was going to be allowed to stay with Julia.

Raven glanced over and saw Murphy's reaction before looking back at Abby. "I got shot." She explained simply.

Outside, Bellamy was pacing when he and Finn overheard Kane yell, "We need two stretchers!" Both boys tried to run forward but were held back by Banks and Scanlon.

The two boys glanced at each other and subtly nodded before taking off in opposite directions, rounding the guards and meeting up behind them as they ran into the tunnels they had built. They came out inside the drop-site walls and were surprised to see absolutely no one from their camp there.

"Where is everyone?" Bellamy questioned as they looked around the site that was covered with burnt-to-a-crisp bodies. That's when something caught his attention.