-chapter 44-

He lifted his head up locking eye contact with you waiting for you to open your mouth to say what you want.

After a short pause, "what?" He asks.

"I was wondering if we could go up the roof?" I ask sheepishly.

"....." he looks at me with an expression that I can't tell how he was feeling.

"When?" He asks.

"At some point tonight or now perhaps?" I shrug.

"No." He blunts out making me frown.

He places his feather down that he was using to write with then stretches. He then glances at me.

"I would rather go on a night horse ride." He suggests.

"Aren't we not aloud to do that?" I protest.

"So?" He stood up.

"But-" i try to say something but he cuts me off again.

"Like what are they gonna do?" He puts his forest coat on.

"Fine." I stood up and walk towards him.

He opens the door letting me exit his office first and then close the door behind him following me.

We reach outside to the stables as the cold breeze hit me sending chills down my spine with an oddly comfort feeling, not the weather but because Levi was here.

"They might suspect things if you take your horse too, we will share mine." He whispers and i nod.

He helps me climb on top of the horse and then sits behind me and does the unexpected.

From behind he put his arms around me to hold the ropes, my back touched his chest making me feel relaxed and tensed up at the same time.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yeah." I whisper.

Carefully he gestures his horse to silently trot outside the stables then out to an empty field.

"Isn't this outside the walls?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah, its a shortcut than going through the gates" He explains.

"Isn't that dangerous? We don't have our gear on." I warn him.

"Idiot, it's night time titans sleep when there are no sunlight." He snaps.

"Right." I chuckle.

"Tch." He clicks his tongue.

We rode under the silver moonlight that guided us our way, the stars winking at us that decorated the empty dark sky and the noises of owls hooting.

I felt Levi's soft breathing hit against my neck, each time he breathed out the warmth reached my skin and every time he breathed in it was cold.

"Do you still forgive me?" Levi finally breaks the silence.

"Yeah i do, stop blaming yourself." I rub my palm against his arm.

"Im still sorry, I can't imagine how you felt when I treated you like that." He confesses.

I move my head up with my face facing up the sky and he looked down at me locking eye contact with me.

I then give him a warm smile. "I promise you, it isn't your fault just face the positive; thankfully we are here together now." I say.

"Yeah." I huffs then looks forward and i put my head down facing forward too.

"Where are we going?" I ask.