Chapter 16*

My pager beeps again for the 5th time.

I wonder why. No one ever pages me this much.

Could it be the fact that my mother just died? Maybe? Possibly?

I know she's gone but I don't really want to believe it.

I hear a knock on my window door. I look up to see Callie.

I roll my window down.

My eyes are currently big and puffy. Signs that i've been crying.

"Uhh hi." She waved awkwardly

"Yes?"

"There's a 911 pager beep out for you, I think there's something wrong." She shrugs showing her pager to me.

"Oh I know there is, I'm just choosing to ignore it." I says sniffing.

"Oh well do you need something like water?"

"No I'm perfectly fine. You know how fine I am? I'm so fine, that i'm about to go cremate my mother because apparently that's the only thing she wants. You know what happened to letting people grieve after their mothers just died the night before huh? I have to take care of my sister. No denying in the fact she's mad at me for not answering my pager-" I start rambling.

"Stop."

I look her dead in the eye, that was sexy.

"I'm sorry. But I'm going crazy. I'm not ok. But I know that I'm refusing to answer this pager because I already know what's on the other end Richard telling me I need to sign my dead mother's somewhat release forms. Seeing my sister cry. I don't even know why I'm crying I mean she hated me. I hated her. I just needed for her to be ok and know she's gone and I feel like shit."

"Wow I didn't think you were going to tell me." I give her a confused glance. "Open up." She says.

I open the door and she pulls me by the hand.

"I'm gonna give you advice as a doctor and as your friend." She wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"We're friends?" I question.

"Besties, and of course we are after that heavy load."

I let out a laugh. A genuine laugh.

"What's your advice?" I ask.

"As a doctor I would tell you to sign those discharge papers and since you want to cremate I think you would find out if she was a organ Donor which she was." She looks to me.

I knew she was right but if I make big decisions like this Meredith will definitely hate me.

I don't say anything so she continues.

"As your friend I would tell you to talk with your sister. You guys just lost your mother, so ultimately there's no need to be mad at each other when you need each other."