Ch 3

Under the full bloomed cherry blossom tree, there sat a young boy with red hair, and his spirit friend. Humming softly and peacefully to the new music he composed, he glanced out at the sky.

Tenn-nii... Where are you right now?

"Riku... I'm sure wherever he is, he's also trying his best to look for you." Aya replied to Riku's thoughts.

"Time really flies huh. It's been so long since we meet, you could basically read my mind."

"Of course I can. I'm smart after all. You should watch out or I'll surpass you." Aya said jokingly.

"Don't get too cocky now. It's only because you hang around me during class so you know things that are way beyond what your age group should know." Riku defended back.

"Anyways, what do you think I should put for this part?" Riku pointed to a section of his music notes.

"What about a different type melody? I'm sure your fan would love to hear a different style. Scarlet is pretty popular online you know." Aya laughs.

"W-what?! Please, there are so many other popular singers out there. Way out of my league." Riku resorted back. "But that is a pretty good idea..."

Then, Riku started to sing in his best voice. The slow tempo harmonised perfectly with the lyrics and tune. Both Riku and Aya had forgotten all about their surrounding before they heard a small clap from behind when Riku finished singing the song.

Riku shot his eyes to where the clapping came from and stood up. Lucky, there is only one person. Unlucky, it is a professor.

"What a great voice you have there young man. What's your name?" The professor approached Riku while still clapping at his performance.

"Nanase Riku..." Riku replied in a soft voice. He felt embarrassed as the only live audience that he ever had is Hanako, his spirit friend and his brother.

"Nanase... Are you related to Nanase Hanako by any chance?" The professor tilted his head trying to think.

"Hana-nee? Do you know her? I'm her cousin." Riku asked.

"Ahh... Now I remember. Yes. Nanase Riku. Your cousin always talked highly about you, you know?"

"Eee?! Hana-nee did?!"

"She always had such a bright smile on her face when she talked about you too. She must really care for you."

"I see... I so happy... So then, are you perhaps... Professor Takanashi?"

"Oh? I did expect you to know who I am. What a surprise." Otoharu Takanashi said in a curious voice.

"Hana-nee told me about you! She sends her regards to you." Riku bowed towards the professor.

"My, my. How nice of her to remember me. I'm flattered." Otoharu said with a smile. "Anyways, getting back on topic, you have a wonderful voice Riku."

"T-thanks" Riku stuttered with his words.

"Would you like to an idol?"

"huh?" Riku was not expecting that at all. Hearing those words, his mind went blank.

"Wow...! Riku! That's so cool! You've been scouted to be an idol! What's your answer?" Aya cheered from behind. Of course, Otoharu isn't able to hear her.

"I-I'm not really sure about it... Besides I'm not even in the idol course. Can I have some time to think about it?"

"Why of course. Don't worry you can still transfer into idol course. I won't force you to do it if you really don't want to. Take your time and think about it carefully, okay? After all, it might impact your future. The rest of the students that I had scouted will meet tomorrow as it will be a unit. If you do change your mind, you can find me at the management building office. Well then, I'll take my leave then." Waving his hands, he casually walked away.

"So, what are you going to do about it?" Aya asked.

"I'm... not sure about it... I'm too busy looking for Tenn-nii but... it sounds fun." Riku answered conflicted.

"It's fine, talk to Hanako about it. I bet she can give you advice on what to do. She was once too and student at this university you know."

"Alright then. I'll ask Hana-nee when she gets home today. Let's go Aya, class will start soon."

With that, the two left for Riku's next class. Hours felt like minutes and soon, the day ended. The two walked home together, chatting about random things.

Riku unlocked the door and walked in. It's dark inside which indicates that Hanako still wasn't home from work. He went into his room and pulled out his music equipment and started recording a new song.

When he was done, he stepped out and noticed that it's almost dinner time. Putting on his apron, he walked into the kitchen and started to cook, of course, with Aya supervising him so make sure that he doesn't burn the whole apartment down.

Hearing the sound of keys colliding with each other, the door opened, revealing a tired Hanako.

"Welcome back, Hana-nee!" Riku flashed a bright smile at her. "Dinner's almost ready so go get some rest."

"Haha... Thanks for always helping me out Riku." Hanako smiled back at him embarrassed.

"Geez, you know that there's so much things that I still haven't repaid you for. You've been with me since the start, talking care of me so of course I have to help out with the house chores. It's that least that I can do." Riku said.

"Riku! You're going to burn the food!" Aya reminded.

"Ah! The food! I'll call you when I'm done Hana-nee!" Riku shouted as he ran back into the kitchen.

"Thanks again for everything, Riku." Hanako said as she walked into her room.

A few minutes later and the food's finally finished. Sitting at the table, Riku and Hanako chatted like they usually do.

"So, how was your first day at Niji University?" Hanako asked.

"Nothing much happened." Riku replied as he ate some rice from his bowl.

"Still no friends I see." Hanako whispered from under her breath.

"Hey! I heard that you know!" Riku pounded. "Ah! I meet Professor Takanashi today."

"Really? What did you say to him?" Hanako asked curiously.

"He scouted me to be an idol after he heard me sing..." Riku said embarrassed remembering that someone heard him sing live.

"Eee?! Did you accept the offer?!" Hanako shouted in surprise.

"I-I... I told him that I'll think about it..." Riku looked down at his food, not knowing what to do.

"Well, it really all comes down to you. If you think it'll be fun, then do it. But remember, you have respiratory disorder. A bad one too. Don't push yourself too hard, okay?" Hanako consulted in a worried tone.

"I know. But, I don't what to choose, Hana-nee..." Riku said in a stressed tone.

"Don't think too hard on it okay? I'm sure you still have a few more days to think about it, so relax." Hanako said.

"If you say so then." Riku replied.

After dinner's over, Riku and Hanako did the dishes, then returned back to their room.

Riku opened up his laptop, then posted the song that he recorded earlier today, then closed it. Finishing his homework, he went to bed.

"Good night, Aya."

"Good night, Riku."