❥ tipsy confession

You could say Mai Zenin and Kei Murasaki have a rather unusual relationship. If you asked Gojo, he'd say they're rivals bound to kiss each other at some point. And maybe they just might.

Initially, Mai began these banters ridiculed with insults and comebacks. She spurred it out of jealousy and the boy would do it out of defense. Oddly enough, the more they did so the more entertaining it got for the two of them.

"God, you're so annoying." The boy would roll his eyes. "Do you ever get tired of ordering people around like you're all that?"

"You can voice your opinion, but only with your mouth shut."

He scoffed, "What? Can't take criticism?"

"I can only understand clever things, Kei." She shrugged nonchalantly while holding a cool posture with her hands crossed, a pleased smirk on her face. "Anything that comes out of your lips goes in and out. Nada!" She exasperated with her hands out like a swipe cut. The blonde cripple can't help but smirk.

Banter like that became humorous to her but overtime, it gotten so childish. Mai admits she cringes when she earns brief memories of past encounters with Kei Murasaki. The part that hurt her most when she purposely shoved him down to the floor with him having difficulty getting up on his own. She remembered glancing over the older students and they exchanged concern looks to her.

She was in the wrong, she knows this. She'd taken out her imperfections out against him and others like Maki but again, it was wrong. But then again, she can't help but blame her entire family making her that way. She grimaced when she reminisces the scene of Kei Murasaki, holding a hand out and asking for them to start all over. A determination to become good friends again. Did she truly deserve that? Despite all that, Kei never gave up the intention to being something more than rivals. In fact, he had always hoped she'd change her mind. He always hated the damn drama.

All the more reason why she wanted to support her when she was not able to before. The distorted music around her began to submerge back to reality and suddenly the room she was in grew ten times louder than the time she was reflecting. Her head lifted up and she sees few people dancing, staff from across Kyoto and Tokyo school and students sprinkled on top of the colored platform glowing underneath them. She's amazed Gojo went out of his way to make a huge bash for the schools after their Kyoto event. A big celebration for the efforts of both teams.

How charitable of them, Mai thought with a sarcastic tone laced in her mind.

Though since they were the losers of the event, the Kyoto students were forced to wear their uniform while everyone got to be creative and choose their outfits. Mai sighed and played with the flimsy side of her summer dress. At least, she had a second ( and better ) choice to wear to this event. Poor Miwa was sweating in her own suit after a few dances with Momo. The gunslinger chuckled and found herself swaying a bit to Telephone before scourging the room.

She made small observations before locking in on her target. A bunch of the adults were partying to themselves in their own group secluded away from the kids. Gojo was doing the same as Mai, going around to each person to either belittle or joke with them. He mostly belittles Megumi as he stood in the dark shadow, arms crossed. He did not want to join the party scene.

"Don't be such a party pooper!" Mai snorts under her breath when she hears Gojo's big, obnoxious voice as Megumi mutters harsh protests against his teacher. She looks away and her face changes right away. It scrunches in disgust to see Todo and Yuji stuffing themselves by the food table. Panda and Toge horrifically watches the scene too.