Potter was wanted for the murder of Albus Dumbledore and he had a reward for 10,000 galleons on his head. Sarah's stomach squirmed. 

"It's like they've already won," she muttered. 

"I mean, haven't they?" said Merula. "The Dark Lord has all but declared himself Minister of Magic. And here I am, on the wrong side."

Sarah ignored her. She stared up at one of the Harrys, wondering if he truly had the power to put this mess to right, and if he did, why he wouldn't get a move on. 

"Anyway, let's hear this lead you've got," Merula prodded.

Sarah's eyes were out of focus as she answered, still gazing up at the posters vaguely. 

"We could potentially track the whereabouts of two Death Eaters..."

Merula groaned. "As much as I'd like to kill those Andrels, I don't trust Lee's brain to lead us to them. You do remember he was the bloke in school who thought cartomancy was the study of grocery shopping?"

Sarah had to smile as she continued walking down the alley. "Well, that's my plan, unless and until you find a better one."

Merula groaned again, but fell into step beside her. 

As they were both starving, they found a quiet pub and ordered lunch. The man at the bar seemed surprised to have customers, and he took their orders eagerly. After they'd had their fill of fish and chips and some cheap beer, Sarah said, "Alright, I'm going to try legilimency on Barnaby. Make sure nobody disturbs me."

Merula scoffed, glancing around the empty pub. "It'll be difficult, but I'll do my best."

Sarah closed her eyes, and searched for Barnaby's thoughts. Once she found him, she prodded gently, as if knocking on a door. She smiled to herself when he answered, his welcoming thoughts warming her mind and body. 

Where are you?

Again, he sent her the image of him playing with bowtruckles. 

Can you be more specific? We're trying to find you. 

Barnaby's reply was strong. No. 

Why not?

Dangerous. He sent the memory of the time they helped Bill steal back a golden egg from a dragon. Sarah saw herself through Barnaby's eyes as they crawled under a sleeping dragon's wing to get past it, terrified that any moment the beast would awaken and snatch them up in its jaws. 

I'm not afraid of dragons, she thought. 

Another image appeared in her mind. This one of Death Eaters standing in a semicircle in a fine, dark entryway. Then an image of Elena and Aiden Andrel. Then, she saw through Barnaby's eyes, as he knelt down in front of her and held out a hand, preparing to make the unbreakable vow. 

That's why we want to find you, she insisted. We want to destroy their hold on you for good. 

But Barnaby put his walls back up and Sarah was forced out of his mind. Her mouth dropped open as the shabby pub came into view again, Merula sitting across form her and staring with intent. 

"Well?"

"He shut me out."

Merula laughed. "Well, I guess Lee's got some sense and skill after all." She laughed again. "I love the shocked look you get on those rare occasions you don't get your way."

Sarah closed her mouth and looked away from Merula, toward the bar. 

"Well, there goes our only lead," she said.