Arc 1 Chapter 5: Your Smile, A Gentle Trap

Start from the beginning

"SHUT UP!"

Yu Chen froze upon being cussed at by Su Ying.

"Since you care about her so much, break up with me. At least by then you'll have it easier to comfort her to your heart's content!"

Yu Chen frowned. For one second, his eyes flashed a fleeting kill intent. 

Clenching his teeth, Yu Chen whisper, "Alright." He turned his back and as he walk away, he left behind a sentence. "Do so as you wish."

But inside, Yu Chen was annoyed. The girl that confessed to him was also the one that brought up breaking up only after being together for a few weeks. He was also really angry at the fact that he cannot continue to use her as a mean to make Qi Xinyan feel better. 

No matter. He will make sure to show Su Ying how much she loses by breaking up with him.

When the door finally closes, Su Ying had on an indifferent expression and grabbed another bun to eat as she sat down on the bed. Not even bothering to continue acting even with Wei Liang still here. 

A shadow suddenly loomed over her head. She heard the other party said in a low voice, "You're reborn aren't you?"

Su Ying's actions froze. Seeing that, Wei Liang feel even more certain of his statement. 

After Wei Liang died, he came back at the moment where somebody hit him with a bat in that cold alleyway. He soon realized that he was reborn again. But, before he could stand back up to fight, a figure of that of a girl wearing a mask with long hair suddenly appeared. Defeating up all those men left and right with just one hit in the head each time.

He remembered that this wasn't supposed to happen. What was supposed to happen was someone calling the police, hence stopping the fight. 

Before Wei Liang could take off her mask, she smacked him on the head and ran away!

After thinking for a whole night, Wei Liang decided to postponed this matter and instead, wait for Qi Xinyan at the school gate next morning. He couldn't wait to make her life miserable for what she had done to him.

But as next morning came, after he called out Qi Xinyan, Qi Xinyan actually went and shamelessly ask for Yu Chen to help her. 

Seeing how Qi Xinyan didn't even feel the least bit bad for acting that way in front of a guy's girlfriend, Wei Liang coldly spat out her name, "Qi. Xin. Yan."

He quickly checked up on Su Ying's expression. Afraid to see that just like in his previous life, she will be sad. But, she actually instead fell towards his embrace and even hold onto him tightly while vomiting blood all over him!

No! He doesn't want to be put in a situation that will associate him in the same position like that cheating scum man (Yu Chen) and hold her tightly in front of her partner!

Thinking like this, Wei Liang had the urge to push Su Ying away from him even more than ever. But, it was also because of this closeness that allowed him to smell that same scent from yesterday!

When they got to the hospital where Wei Liang had to wait outside in the hallway, he was given time to think carefully. 

Who is to say that only he can have a rebirth? If he can, that means others can as well. Not to mention he died on the same day right after Su Ying.

This speculation proved to be likely true especially at the moment where Su Ying suggested to break up with Yu Chen. If it was the Su Ying who wasn't reborn, she would never want to break up with him. Only a reborn Su Ying would already have known the true face of Yu Chen.

But even with so many clues, he wasn't 100% sure. 

"You're reborn aren't you?"

Seeing Su Ying's actions froze, Wei Liang got the answer he needed. 

But in actuality, Su Ying's actions only froze because she was excitingly telling system, 'Oh my god! Does this mean the male lead is reborn?! He's reborn ah!'

"You...You too?" Su Ying asked hesitantly. But, you could see her eyes sparkling.

Wei Liang breathes a sigh of relief inwardly. It's good that Su Ying is reborn. This way, she would have the opportunity to not go down the same path as her previous life. She can live a good life as long as she stay away from that scum.

Having gotten all the answers he needed, Wei Liang turned to leave. But before leaving, he said, "Cherish the life you have. Not everyone gets a second chance."

Wei Liang continued inwardly, 'No matter how dark it is, there will be a day where you'll overcome it. Where you'll be happy. So don't commit suicide like how you did that day...' 

After Su Ying was left alone in the room, she was brimming with happiness. 'System! Ah Liang is caring for me~'

[....Ah Liang?]

Su Ying went back home soon after the nanny came in the afternoon. The nanny didn't talk much but Su Ying didn't care either.

Going straight to her room, Su Ying lay down on the bed. She comfortably cuddled closely with her body pillow. The cool and sweet scent made her mind at ease.

That night, Su Ying had a dream.

...

Taking a little step forward, she was closer to the edge of the building. The floor she was stepping on was kind of slippery. But, she didn't feel scared at all. All she felt was pain and it was shown through her never ending sobbing.

It hurts...

It just hurts too much. If she were to really jump off, maybe all this pain will go away.

Just as she jumped off the building, she heard a voice shouting her name. But, the fall was too fast. In that instant when someone called her name, she already hit the ground in less than 2 seconds.

She died too fast that she didn't know who that voice belonged to. It felt familiar but at the same time, she couldn't tell who it was. Like she had heard it once or twice in the past but that's it. 

There was a little bit of regret during her last moment...

"...I really want to know the owner of that voice. Who was it?

Who are you?

Why did you call out my name?

If I didn't jump, would it have been you that would let me lean on your shoulders?

If I didn't jump, would you have cheered me up?

I wish I didn't jump off.

I wish I had a second chance.

But, there was no second chance for me..."