5

Namjoon's POV:

“I’m so nervous,” Rachel says as she paces the floor.

She’s got on a yellow sundress, and I want to rip it off her and take her right here on the living room floor. Her curly red hair is flowing down her back, and my hands twitch to grip it while she’s under me. I’m trying to control my animal instincts, but seeing her baby bump in the dress is driving me insane. Knowing she’s pregnant, and knowing that I put it there, has my inner caveman beating his chest.

Namjoon: “Calm down. Come sit next to me.”
I pat the cushion on the couch, but she gives me a stare and shakes her head.

She’s right. If she gets close to me right now, I won’t be able to stop from bending her over the couch and lifting that dress up. I’d be ten inches deep when our company arrived, and we both know that’s a bad idea.

Rachel: “They’re here!”
she shouts, as if I didn’t hear the door shut outside.

I called Mi-Soo and Taehyung this morning and asked them to come over. I wanted to discuss a few things with them, and I wanted all of us to talk face to face.

When Mi-Soo comes through the door, she goes straight for Rachel. It warms my heart to see the love the two of them share, and I’m so happy that Rachel has Mi-Soo as a friend. Taehyung walks over, and we half hug, half beat each other on the back. Once Mi-Soo has peeled herself from Rachel, she gives me a hug, too. We all say hello, and then Mi-Soo and Taehyung take a seat on the couch.

I reach out, taking Rachel’s hand and pulling her down on the sofa next to me, wrapping my arm around her waist. Mi-Soo looks at us for a second and then looks at Taehyung with a question in her eyes.

Taehyung: “Yeah, I’ve known, sunshine,”
he says, without having to be asked anything.
Taehyung: “I could see a man gone crazy for a woman because I’d looked in the mirror a time or two.”

Rachel: “I’m so sorry—”
Mi-Soo starts, but I cut her off.

Namjoon: “Rachel and I are together, and she told me that you know about the baby,”
I say to Mi-Soo.

Mi-Soo: “Oh my Jesus! It’s yours!” she shouts, and bounces in her seat. Mi-Soo: “I’m going to be an aunt!”

Taehyung: “A baby?”
he says, with pure happiness in his voice. He sounds almost as excited as I did.
Taehyung: “This is awesome news. Congratulations, guys.”

I squeeze Rachel to me and kiss the top of her head.
Namjoon: “See? Nothing to worry about.”

Rachel: “I just didn’t want you to think I betrayed your friendship, Mi-Soo. I love your brother. I have from the second we met. You’ve always been so kind to me, and I didn’t want you to think I was using you.”

Mi-Soo: “Oh God, Rachel. Never. You’re like a sister to me.”
She tilts her head to the side and thinks.
Mi-Soo: “I guess now you’re more like a sister-in-law to me!”
Mi-Soo laughs and jumps up, wrapping Rachel in a hug.

Namjoon: “So, just a few more things are in order,”
I say, clearing my throat.

Mi-Soo moves back to sit with Taehyung, but she’s clearly about to burst with excitement.

Namjoon: “Rachel and I are going to be staying here. you’re both welcome to live here if you want, but I know Taehyung has a house now.”

Taehyung: “We’ll be staying there, sir,”
He says, putting a possessive hand on Mi-Soo’s leg.

She’ll always be my little girl, but I’m happy that she’s chosen a good man to take care of her. I couldn’t have chosen anyone better for her.

Namjoon: “All right, then I guess the big decision is for Rachel now,” I say, looking over at her.

She’s looks at me and then at Mi-Soo and Taehyung with a confused look on her face.
Rachel: “What do you mean, Major?”

I slip off the couch, pull the small box out of my pocket, and kneel in front of her. I open the box and hold it out so she can see it while I take her hand.

Namjoon: “I know I keep saying you don’t have a choice in marrying me, but I want to give you the chance to choose me. I won’t give up until you say yes, and I’ll never stop trying to make you happy. But I want you to know that I choose you, and I’ll never, ever leave you. Because I love you, and I can’t live without you. I want you to choose that, too.”
Rachel puts her hands over her mouth, and I see tears slip free.

Namjoon: “Shhh. Don’t cry, sweet girl,”
I say, wiping them away.
Namjoon: “Marry me, Rachel. Make me the happiest man in the world, and make our family grow.”

Mi-Soo: “You better say yes,”
Mi-Soo says from behind me, and we all laugh. She’s bouncing in her seat, and Taehyung is practically holding her in a death grip to keep her still.

Rachel nods, and I hear a teary “yes” before she throws herself into my arms. I wrap my arms around her and hold her close as she cries happy tears. I glance over and see Mi-Soo crying now, but Taehyung is holding her and smiling at us.

We may be a makeshift family, but we’re family all the same. We’ve got it where it counts the most—in our hearts.

When Rachel pulls back, I slip the ring on her finger, and she looks down at it. I bought it right after we met, knowing that one day I’d get it on her, one way or another. It’s a single carat solitaire on a gold band. It’s simple but beautiful, just like my sweet girl is. Once it’s on, she looks up at me, and suddenly her mouth is on mine.

The kiss nearly knocks me over backwards, but I hold her close and kiss her back until she’s finished. When we break apart, her cheeks are fiery red, as if just remembering that we aren’t alone. I give her a quick kiss and pull her to me as I stand up and look at Mi-Soo and Taehyung.

Namjoon: “Who’s hungry?”
I ask, and everyone jumps up.

Mi-Soo: “As long as Taehyung isn’t cooking, I’m down to eat,”
Mi-Soo says, and elbows him.

We make our way to the kitchen and start pulling stuff out of the fridge to eat. Rachel leans into me and looks around at the scene.

Rachel: “Is it real, all of this? It feels like a dream.”

Namjoon: “It’s a dream come true,” I answer, kissing the top of her head and holding her close.

I keep her by my side, where she’ll stay for the rest of our lives.