Coco: Salad with chopped salmon and an iced tea.

Fox: Steak burrito. Extra spicy.

Velvet: I'll just have my usual.

Yastuhashi closed his eyes and repeated everyone's order aloud.

Yatsu: Cod salad and iced tea. Spicy steak burrito. BLT, hold the mayo, and a side of carrot cake. What about you Y/n?

Y/n: Um....not sure. I guess I'll go with something simple. I'll take a Sloppy Joe with a soda.

Coco: A Sloppy Joe?

Y/n: You can't go wrong with a Sloppy Joe.

Fox: He's not wrong. Though, I'm not sure Coco has ever had one.

Coco: I've heard you mention it on a few occasions.

Yatsu: Is that all?

Y/n: Yep.

He nodded and stood up from the table, heading toward the food bar.

Y/n: How exactly do two people manage to make this much food on a daily basis?

Fox: Beacon has the funding, and those two are expert chefs. It also helps to have a semblance that can work in a culinary environment.

I looked over to the staff. One woman, and one man. At least, I thought the woman was there. Considering she disappeared for a second and reappeared with a bunch of ingredients.

Fox: Ms. Ingrid has super speed. Really useful for gathering ingerdients, mixing things, or putting multiple foods into one dish. Mr. Woods can manipulate the temperature of almost any object. This way they can cook things instantly and make sure it stays at the proper temperature.

I watched the man hover his hand over a frozen slice of fish. The ice thawed and then the fish went from raw to fully cooked in a matter of seconds. He then passed it to Ms. Ingrid who sliced it into bite-sized chunks in an instant.

Y/n: Impressive team synergy.

Coco: Most things require working as a team. Especially if you plan to become a huntsman. Sure, you could do things alone; most people are that way. But it's a hell of a lot easier when you have help.

Y/n: Makes sense. In my case, however, it's not that I can't work with a team. It's that they don't usually last. After all, wolves tend to travel in packs.

I gesture to my ears.

Y/n: But there's a very rare instance in which one wolf will leave the pack and venture on his own. A lone wolf is a rare sight to see. So much so that it's become a symbol.

Velvet: Doesn't that get lonely?

Y/n: Sometimes. And unfortunately, a solo wolf doesn't last very long on their own. Eventually, they're forced to return to the pack, or they die alone. I guess it comes down to how stubborn the wolf is.

Yatsuhashi soon returned with a cart with multiple trays on it.

Yatsu: Salad and cod for Coco.

Coco: Yes please.

Yatsu: Burrito for Fox; I put in word to make it extra spicy this time.

Fox: Now you're talking. The last one wasn't nearly hot enough.

Coco: You burned your throat and spent an entire day in the infirmary.

Fox: Exactly. I'm aiming for a week and possible loss of consciousness this time.

Coco shrugged.

Yatsu: Velvet. BLT with no mayo. And of course...

He set down a second plate in front of her with a slice of carrot cake the size of my hand.