Chapter 2

Marly's POV

I been the Chief for a week and Martha has been making sure that my job is much harder then it has to be. Johnny told me that she is the head scientist here and she was hoping to get the promotion.

She has been keeping the paperwork she is supposed to be giving me as soon as she gets them. I have been walking to the life science department all day to personally get them with the help of Johnny.

I groan siting down at my desk. I read over them trying to decide which projects are actually important enough for approval.

My phone rings stoping me from actually finishing. It's from Angel's school so i immediately answer. "Hello?" I ask in fear. What if something happened to him. "Hey Angel." Maddox voice comes through the phone.

He most have looked up Angel's student information to get my phone number.

I was hoping that he would leave me alone. Instead every day last week he personally walked Angel from his class and would wait for him in the morning with the excuse that he is to little to do it on his own.

As if, he started walking at 9 months so i think he can walk all on his own.

I roll my eyes and anserw him in a monotone. "Is this actually important mr. King?" He stays quiet for a while so i was about to hang up. "Yes." I wait for him to elaborate but nothing comes. "What is it? is Angel okay?"

Johnny knocks and i gesture him to come in through the glass door. He quietly sits down. I put my phone down in speaker for him to hear.

"Yes his fine it's just that i told Jake, Tony and Emma that you are back and we want to invite you for lunch today." I groan making Johnny smile at my misery.

"No i have a lot of work and having lunch with you Mr.King is something i hope to never do. Don't you have to stay in school grounds for lunch? Don't answer that i don't care, my answer is No."

Johnny snaps his fingers mouthing "Yas Queen." I flip him of making him laugh. "Who is that? And no i don't HAVE to stay in school grounds." I roll my eyes making stabbing gestures against my chest.

"You didn't just leave me behind Angel. You also left them and i deserve the cold shoulder but they don't." I sober up at his words. I didn't mean to leave them behind. Doing that hurt but i couldn't say either.

"Look Emma is pregnant and im afraid that if you don't come she will stab me or something." Emma is pregnant? "Tony's?" I ask. He laughs on the other side. "Yeah Tony's."

I can't believe they are still together. I had hoped they did but i also know Emma's temper. She was scary the summer Jason broke up with her.

Johnny snaps his fingers in my face. "Are you going or not?" Johnny asks pulling me back to reality. "Who is there Marly?" Maddox asks in a angry tone. "Shit." Johnny covers his mouth like that's going to take back his words.

"Doesn't matter just tell me where and when." He groans but he knows not to push it. "Chris cafe at 12:00pm. I j"

I hang up and Johnny laughs. "Oh im going right? Cuz i love a good chisme." (gossip) I hand him the denied pile. "You are going to close these programs."

He groans getting up. "Eres tannnn aburrida." ( you're sooooo boring) He whines walking out. He is my only friend here. Everyone is angry because the administrator put a twenty four year old girl in charge out of nowhere.

It took me months to say yes because i knew no one would be happy about it. In the end Angel is my reason, it pays more and the hours are a lot more flexible.