what is it? / chapter 1

I threw some clothes in a bag and gathered my things. Im not staying here anymore I'm leaving.

I can't take my parents anymore, they're crazy; my siblings do nothing and just add on to it.

I snuck into the kitchen and grabbed some snacks so I wouldn't starve when I left. I'm not leaving a note, I'm leaving nothing; they don't deserve to know where I went. They probably won't notice anyway. I put on a black hoodie and some sneakers and left the house careful not to wake anyone or be seen. The moon gleamed overheard provided some what light for me to follow, a few street lights also helped. Then I saw it a purple gray light shining ahead of me. What was it?

It pulled me in closer, I wanted to know what it was. I came closer and closer; it was just hovering in the air I stepped closer to see what it was but I couldn't tell. I had never seen anything like it. I had seen enough sci-fi movies to know it seemed like a portal but those were only in movies right?

I reached my hand out to touch it but stopped myself, I turned my head to look back at the black house; whatever happens will be better than there. I thought, so I did, I stepped through it; And all went black.