"I am also very proud of you. And believe that great things are ahead for you. I love you brother." Asta chimes in, causing Thor's smile to grow.

"Thank you." Thor tells the two.

"Now give us a kiss." Loki teases, causing them all to laugh.

Thor nudges his brother as he laughs, "Stop it."

"Alright we've wasted enough time. We must get going." Asta tells them after they've all calmed down.

Thor puts on his helmet and turns to them, "How do I look?" he questions.

Loki and Asta glance at one another before looking to Thor once more, "Like a King." they say simultaneously. A horn, signaling that the ceremony would begin soon, fills the air. "It's time." Loki says.

"You two go ahead." Thor tells them, causing the two of them to look at him unsure. "I'll be along. Go ahead." he reassures them. They give him a nod before making their way down to the coronation.

As Loki and Asta arrived at the entrance they were met with their Mother, Queen Frigga waiting for them. She looks at them concern in her eyes, "Where is your brother?" she asks the two.

"He said to go ahead of him, that he would be along." Asta informs her mother. Frigga sighs, but nods, quickly fix a few strains of her daughters hair, causing Loki to give his sister an amused look.

"Shall we enter then?" Loki questions the two. The two nod, getting on either side of him, connecting their arms with his as he lead them into where the coronation is being held.

The people of Asgard were all excited for this important day. Arriving before the Allfather, King Odin, Loki released his hold on his mother and his sister as they took their place on the steps leading to Odin.

Frigga being closest to her husband, then Loki, followed by Asta. Next to the Princess stood Lady Sif, friend and warrior to the royal siblings, near the steps. Across from them stood the Warriors Three, Hogun, Fandral and Volstagg on the steps as well.

When Thor finally entered he encouraged the people to Cheer, to which they did. The Mighty Thor did tricks with his hammer, Mjolnir, as he walked towards the Allfather, the crowd loving the tricks. Sif looks towards Asta to roll her eyes as the Princess looked amused at her brothers entrance, returning the eye roll.

Once Thor arrived to the steps where his friends and family stood, he knelt before Odin placing Mjolnir and his helmet on the floor before him. He looks over to his father with a cocky smile, before looking to his mother and giving her a wink to which she shakes her head to.

Odin rises and the crowd begins to quiet down, he lifts Gungnir and strikes it to the ground, the room now silent. "Thor Odinson, my heir, my first-born." Odin begins his speech, "So long entrusted with this mighty hammer, Mjolnir. Forged in the heart of a dying star, from the sacred metal of Uru. Only one may lift it. Only one is worthy. Who wields this hammer commands the lightning and the storm. Its power has no equal -- as a weapon, to destroy, or as a tool, to build. It is a fit companion for a King. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms since the time of the Great Beginning. And though the day has come for a new King to wield his own weapon -- that duty remains the same." Odin continues.

Asta looked down, away from her father who continued to speak, feeling uneasy. She looked over to Thor, then to Loki, who caught her staring causing him to subtly look towards her and raise an eyebrow, silently questioning if she's okay. To which she shakes her head 'no'. He looks away back towards their father, Asta doing the same, trying to ignore the uneasiness. It slowly goes away once Loki grabbed her hand in a comforting manner, rubbing the back of her hand, which helped.

"Thor Odinson, do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?" Odin questions his son.

"I swear." Thor replies.

"Do you swear to preserve the peace?" Odin asks.

"I swear." Thor replies, more determined then the last answer.

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and pledge yourself only to the good of all the Realms?" Odin questions.

"I swear!" Thor replies, more confident lifting Mjolnir up while saying his words.

"Then on this day, I, Odin Allfather, proclaim you-" Odin stops, finally sensing an issue within Asgard, no, within the palace. Asta, sensing it as well tightens her grip on her brothers hand, unable to ignore the uneasy feeling like before. "Frost giants..." Odin says in realization. Without hesitation, he strikes the ground with Gungnir, signally for something to happen.

Before leaving, Thor stands to follow, Loki doing the same, before realizing that Asta was still in his grasp, and turns to her, "Stay with mother." he tells her quickly before handing her to their mother who quickly took the girls hands. The three leave, making their way to the Vault, a place Asta was forbidden from entering alone.

"Are you alright my love?" Frigga questions, seeing some of the fear in her daughters eyes.

She looks at her mother unsure, "I could sense something was wrong, but I was not sure what. Once father said... once he said frost giants, I realized I could sense them getting to close to... something... something that was helping them grow in power. Mother this hasn't happened before. I haven't learned any magic like this." Asta tells Frigga very confused.

"It might be because of how close your name day is, it's just a random burst of magic, nothing to fret over dear." Frigga reassures her, as she releases her hold on her daughter seeing her calm. "Lets go find the others." she suggests, and Asta agrees.

Once in the hall, Frigga and Asta go their separate ways, Frigga to look for Odin, and Asta to look for her brothers. She was able to find Sif and the warriors faster then her brothers. She stuck with Sif until she could find and question Thor and Loki of what had happened.

_____________________
~1658 words

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of Luv~ snowflake