1. Welcome to illinois

Your POV:

I was in my car slowly driving and looking around the city. I just moved to Illinois and was trying to find the street my best friend lives in, since we're moving in together.

Me and Michelle have known each other for about 7-8 years. We met online over instagram and remained friends. After maybe a year we got to meet in real life and we've been inseparable since then. She was kind enough to let me share her apartment with her after i moved out of my toxic household.

I was frustrated because i couldn't find the right street and i wasn't looking at the road much. It was pretty much empty so it didn't matter right? Wrong.

I heard a loud bang and i hit the breaks immediately. My heart stopped. Best case scenario- i hit some random trash on the road, worst case scenario- i just killed someone.

Of course me being a pessimist, i assumed the worse. I ran out of the car fully expecting to see a bloody crime scene and went to check it out. There was a guy that looked very young sitting in front of my car and rubbing his arm in pain. Well at least he's not dead and im just dramatic.

"Oh my god im so sorry!" I said while helping him up. "are you okay?"

"Im fine, i wasn't looking where i was going." He chuckled. Luckily i was going very slowly so no damage was done.

"No its my fault, im the one who's driving. Do you need me to call your parents or..?" I asked. He looked about 17 so i assumed he was a minor.

"why would you call my parents" He was visibly confused.

"Well- i mean if you're a minor i suppose thats what i should do i dont kno-"

"Im 27." He laughed. Oh well that's embarrassing for me.

"Oh- Im sorry you just look very young." I apologized awkwardly.

"No worries i get that a lot, im Danny by the way." He smiled and held out his hand. I took it gladly.

"Im Y/N."

"Its nice meeting you, now should i also introduce you to the brakes? Seems like you haven't met those." He chuckled. I had no idea was that supposed to be mean or not but it was funny so i just laughed along.

"Yeaa you really should. Im just trying to find my street so i wasn't paying attention." I sighed.

"Im sure i can help ive lived here for quite a while." He said and i gave him the street name and explained my situation.

"Is it okay if i just drive you there, i dont think you'll remember all the directions its far away." I could tell it was a genuine suggestion but i met this dude like 10 minutes ago and almost killed him how do i know he's not some maniac planning to get revenge on me.

"I totally understand if it makes you uncomfortable im sorry i just thought-" He continued since i stayed silent. He didnt seem like a maniac tho.

"Yea thats okay you can drive me there." I nodded and he sighed with relief as if he was scared that he came of as creepy.

We got in my car and he started driving around. I texted Michelle just in case explaining to her what was going on.

Danny and I talked a lot during the 30 minute drive around. It would've been 20 minutes but somehow he got lost too. We had a lot in common and shared almost the same sense of humor.

"So what do you do for a living since you're not a teenage boy apparently?" I asked.

"Oh well im a youtuber. i know it sounds kinda lame but it's actually really fun." He chuckled.

"Thats amazing because im a twitch streemer!" I was really exited to find out we had a similar job involving social media. We bonded over that for a bit and soon we arrived at Michelles house.

I got out of the passengers seat and he gave me back the keys to my car.

"It was really nice meeting you Danny i hope we can hang out soon actually." I told him. I was never the best at human interactions so i felt awkward but he was nice and cute so i thought maybe we can be friends.

"Yeah for sure, just make sure not to run me over the next time." He handed me his number and we said our goodbyes.

I turned around and walked into michelles apartment where i found her draped over the couch while teen wolf was playing in the background.

"MICHELLEEEE!" i yelled dropping my bag on her while laughing. She jolted out of her sleep.

"Why the fuck are you here weren't you supposed to arrive on sunday?" She groaned.

"It's sunday dumbass." i rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh shit i thought it was still friday." She sighed getting up to hug me. "I missed you idiot."

"I missed you too michelle."

The two of us caught up on all of the recent events in our lives (ofc i told her about Danny) and decided to go to bed shortly after.

It was 00:23 when i was mindlessly scrolling through tik tok when i got a message from a random number so i went to check it out.

+618 *** **** *** :
Hi! It's danny i just wondered if i could ask you something.

me:
Heyy, of course.

Danny:
Me and a couple of my friends are having a little get together and we're making barbecue, i just thought since you're new you might want to meet new people and make friends. Only if you want of course, its around 4pm.

me:
id love to actually! thanks for the invitation.

He texted me his adress and i smiled at my phone. He barley knew me yet he made the effort to make me feel more welcome in this new town. I was nervous for meeting his friends but it cant be that bad right.

Actually i just remembered he mentioned he was a youtuber so i should probably check that out. Thats not weird or stalker-ish right? Welp too late now.

I searched Danny Gonzalez and sure enough there he was. Woah 4.6 million subscribers? That's actually crazy i wonder how ive never heard of him before. I checked out some of his videos and they were pretty funny. Also found out he streams minecraft which is my literal carrier so thats fun.

After a while of looking at his profile i felt like an actual stalker and decided that telling myself "im just checking if he's a creep or not" is not a valid excuse anymore, i decided to go to sleep. It was kinda hard with michelle snoring right next to me but ill get used to it.

A/N: why am i starting this fanfic? i dont know. Do i have a solid plan for it? Of course not. Will i still continue it? Most probably.

Enjoy this mess and have a gréât monday!