26: 𝘤𝘶𝘻 𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 ☆

Start from the beginning

Alek keeps his face blank, not showing any emotions, but by the way his hand is tightening around the back of my shirt, I'd say he's angry. "Hello, dad," he says. 

"It's been so long," the man's voice breaks, pathetic tears filling his eyes. 

Alek ignores his words and his tears. "This is my girlfriend, Elvi."

I wave at him but don't say anything. Sorry, but I don't really like him. 

"E-Elvi Romano?" He questions. 

Alek nods, leading me to a seat next to the bed. He sits in the chair next to me, sliding my chair closer to him. 

Cute. 

"How'd you know?"

"Mom called me," Alek informs. "I decided to see you before you die."

"I'm not dying, nor am I gonna die," the man snaps back. 

Alek chuckles softly and shrugs. "You never know, dad. Cancer, poison, sniper, a spider could crawl up the toilet and bite you, and bam you're dead. So many possibilities."

All three of them look at him like he's insane- which he very much is, but it's okay, I love him even more for it. 

"Are you good?" Lennox questions Alek. 

Alek doesn't look at him, he continues to look at the frightened man in the bed. "No. I want to know why the fuck you never  stopped her."

Lorenzo opens his mouth to answer but shuts it back and shakes his head as tears fall. 

"Why didn't you help your six-year-old son from being abused?"

"I-I tried. I really did. But she's evil," he screams at Alek. 

"You didn't fucking try at all! I saw you watching. You would just watch it happen! You could've told someone, anyone. You could've shot her yourself," Alek screams back. 

Atticus and Lennox stand up from their chairs, Atticus reaching his arm out to me. "Why don't we go take a walk," he proposes. 

I turn to Alek, asking if he wants to be alone. He nods, a small sad smile on his lips. 

I take Atticus's hand, his hand much rougher than Alek's and mine. He leads me out of the room, Lennox in front of us. 

"What do you like to do, fiore?" Atticus asks as we walk through the halls.

"I l-like to color, watch m-movies, and hang out w-with my family mostly," I reply. "Wh-what about you two?"

"I like to draw, play guitar, or listen to music," Atticus answers. 

"He also likes to do Milo," Lennox mutters, still loud enough for us to hear. 

Atticus rolls his eyes. "Answer the lady's question, whore."

"Ugh, okay. I like to cry, smoke cigarettes, and go random places with Zion."

Well okay. "Who's Z-Zion?"

"He's Lennox's bestie. I secretly think they're fucking though," Atticus says. 

"For the last time, we are not fucking, Atticus," Lennox defends. 

"Sure you aren't, buddy. You know lying is a s-"

Atticus is interrupted by Aleksander walking our way. "Are you guys ready to go?"

"Yeah," Lennox answers for us all. "I hate the smell of hospitals."

Alek reaches out to grab my hand, his own shaking a lot. I frown at that, but let him drag me back to the elevator. 

When we pass Lorenzo's door, I hear a machine go flatline. Doctors and nurses rush into the room. 

The three men continue to walk, acting  as if nothing is going on. 

And then it clicks. 

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1097

('・_・')

Hᴇʜᴇ.

ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ ! Gᴏ ᴍᴇ !!

Gᴏ ʙᴀᴅ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ, ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴅ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ, ɢᴏ!

...

Oᴋᴀʏ... I ʜᴀᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ғᴜɴɴʏ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ. Mᴏsᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ғɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ғᴜɴɴʏ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ sᴏ ʜᴀʀᴅ.

Yᴇs I ʟᴀᴜɢʜ ᴀᴛ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ.

Oᴋᴀʏ... Aʀᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴏғ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʀs? I'ᴍ ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ɪᴛ.

...

...

...

Lᴏʟ.

Nᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ɪsɴᴛ ғᴜɴɴʏ ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs.

...

Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ 63ᴋ ʀᴇᴀᴅsss, 2ᴋ ᴠᴏᴛᴇs ᴀɴᴅ 2ᴋ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs!!!!!!!

Yᴀʏʏʏʏ

I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ. Lɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ.