23: 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘮𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 ✦

Warning: this chapter contains talk about abuse and rape 

I really should've have brought Elvi. And I know that sounds bad, but I don't want her to know how fucked up my family is, how cruel my mother is.

I want to talk to Elvi about it, about my past, but I don't know how to bring it up. I've never been good with expressing myself.

"What's wrong, darling?," Elvi asks. She obviously can see I'm nervous. 

My hands won't stop moving and my leg bounces up and down. "Um, no, not really," is my answer. 

Oh god, that sounds stupid. Stop being scared and just tell her. 

"Wh-what is it? Y-you don't have t-to tell me but know you c-can," she says, a sad smile on her delicate face. 

I let out a shaky breath. 

I do want to tell her, its just hard. 

There's also a lot to say. But there is a long car ride. 

I reach for her hand, intertwining our fingers together and holding it tight. 

"My family is a fucking disaster. They're nothing like yours. We all basically hate each other, yet they stay because they're only used to a toxic environment. Lennox goes to drugs to fix his problems, my father drowns himself in work, and Atticus has to always fix their problems because I just had to leave."

Silent, slow tears fall from my eyes and run down my cheeks as I talk. 

"Its all because of my mother. She's crazy and manipulative and abusive, yet no one believed me when I told them what she did to me. Absolutely no one," my voice breaks as the memories come back. 

"Th-the sc-scars?," Elvi questions. I look over at her, seeing her honey colored eyes filled with tears, some spilling onto her cheeks just like my own. 

Seeing her cry only breaks me more as I nod my head at her question. "She whipped me." I turn back around, focused on the road. "When I was six she started hitting me and by the time I was eight it turned to whips and knives."

"She always said it was to shape me into a man. She said I was too weak and stupid. She was nice to Lennox and Atticus, but when they turned ten, she started to hit them too. I tried so hard to get her to stop. I begged and begged, but that only made her angrier."

By this point the tears are large and nonstop. 

"Sh-she locked me in the basement for hours. I was so worried about my brothers. I-I remember the door finally creaking open and I was relieved to be let out. It was a women I had never seen before. She was definitely over eighteen. I was so c-confused when she pushed me onto the floor and started to t-tie my hands together."

Elvi tightens her grip on my hand, pulling it into her lap. 

"I thought I w-was just getting another beating, but I was s-so wrong. She raped me, Elvi. She r-raped a thirteen year old boy and l-left the room like it was nothing. I laid broken on the floor until Atticus found me. I became depressed and scared of everyone."

As I pull up to a red light, I look at Elvi again. Her eyes show anger, disgust, and sadness. 

"I ran away weeks later. I heard my father talking about your dad, the new Italian mafia boss. I tracked down one of his headquarters, went there and demanded they take me in. They saw I had a lot of guts so they did, and they shaped me into an assassin, one of the best. It didn't make me happy at first, but it was better than being tortured almost everyday."

"I'm s-so sorry, Alek," Elvi whispers. "N-no one should ever h-have to go through a-any of that. And all those p-people who didn't help or believe y-you suck."

She turns my head toward her by cupping my cheek. She wipes my tears away, giving me a kiss on each cheek and then one on the lips. "You a-are amazing and I l-love you more than anything i-in the world," she says. 

I smile at her and wipe her tears away too. "Thank you, baby. I love you more than anything in the world too."

As Alek continues driving, my mind thinks over everything he just told me

As Alek continues driving, my mind thinks over everything he just told me. I keep our hands in my lap, stroking the back of his with my thumb. 

He's been through so much.  He's absolutely amazing and so strong. 

I really wanna stab his 'mother' in her knees. 

"You wanna listen to some music, darling?," Alek asks.

"Sure, but y-you play it because you h-have good music taste," I reply. 

He nods and plugs his phone into the aux cord. I sit patiently as he scrolls through his playlist. 

"My girlfriend's bitchin' cause I always sleep in.
She's always screamin' when she's callin' her friend.
She's kinda hot though.
Yeah, she's kinda hot though."

The song blast through the speakers of the car in a loud volume, making me jump.

Alek laughs at me and I smile widely at him, so in love with him. 

So in love, I don't know what I would do without him.

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 897

*★,°*:.☆( ̄▽ ̄)/$:*.°★*

Pᴏᴏʀ Aʟᴇᴋ.

I ʜᴏᴘᴇ I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴄʀʏ.

...

Nᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʜᴏᴛᴛɪᴇ's.

Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ 42ᴋ ʀᴇᴀᴅssssss ❤️

Aɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏʏ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ...