Chapter Thirty-One - The Whole Truth

Începe de la început

"They took you out of your body and now they are going to try to consume your soul. They want you to join everyone else. Your body is slowly going to die from the illness unless you figure out how to get back into your body." When I heard that I felt like my world went quiet for a few minutes. I looked back at my body and I noticed that the dark markings slowly spreading from my wound. It looks like some were up to my neck already and my body let out another pained groan.

"What..? Why!? How is this happening?!" I tried to touch my body once again but I was stopped by the wall keeping me from getting inside of my body. My unconscious body let out a pained groan and twisted uncomfortably on the ground. It seems like the markings on my body was getting worse the more distress I was getting. I started to really panic when I notice that my body spit out some black thing from my mouth.

"You took off your magic stone and now you aren't being protected anymore. This should have affected you way sooner but well you were being protected. This normally goes slower but seeing as you were here for a while and protected most of your stay here... It basically likes putting something white in the middle of a huge mess. It happening quickly." Fox came up to my side and sat down next to me as they looked at my twitching body.

"I don't understand! Nothing you are saying is making sense! What is happening to me?! Tell me what is going on!" I was pulling at my hair as I could feel my breathing getting out of control and I could hear the ringing in my ears. I tried to calm down when I realize my body was curling up even more and letting out pained whimpers.

"I thought you knew? Don't you know what happens to people who use dark magic in this country? They all end up being consumed by the monster. They become one with them. It is common knowledge. It is also very common for people with dark magic to have rather... negative personalities as well." Fox was speaking calmly to me as I was freaking out about the new information I was getting.

"W-Why do they end up getting consumed by the monster? Why does it only happen to people with dark magic? I don't understand at all..." I could hear the whispers getting louder and my vision was getting hazy. I could feel my legs getting weak and I just wanted to curl up into a ball.

"The monster is the souls of all the dark magic users who were killed by the past ruler of the country. They had a dream one day about losing all their power because of someone with dark magic so they decided to kill anyone with dark magic who lived in their kingdom. But that wasn't enough for them. They were nervous about losing their throne so they decided to send their knights out of the kingdom to kill anyone who had dark magic." Fox's voice was slowly disappearing in the background as I started to see images in my head of people being killed in different ways.

They were all screaming and begging for mercy. Families were being murdered and no one was safe, even if they were a young child. They were all just being killed over and over. I can feel their fear... Their sadness... Their hatred... I couldn't hold it in anymore and I puke. Nothing came out of me, mostly just dry heaving. But my physical body pukes out a bunch of dark matter that was bubbling and I could have sworn to see eyes in it.

"It was rather horrible as it was happening. After they killed all the dark magic users they decided to seal up their kingdom so no one could come in or get out. But you see a single dark magic user was left and hated the ruler of this kingdom so much. So they created a curse and put it on them. They then went to the kingdom and told the ruler that they were a dark magic-user. They weren't scared nor were they worried, it was what they wanted. As soon as they were killed that was when the monster was created. The souls of all the dark magic users who were killed became the monster. After that, for some reason, not a lot of dark magic users were being born into this world. And whenever a dark magic user came into this country, they would get sick and have their soul taken away to join the other dark magic users who were inside of the monster." I could feel something tugging at me in a direction and I could hear someone calling out for me. I was trying so hard to focus on Fox's voice, it was the only thing keeping me here at the moment. I was still dry heaving and it was getting hard to breathe.