Chapter 71.

A/N : There is a new character I have made up. Her name is Jessica and she has the face of Nina Dobrev when she plays Katherine in The Vampire Diaries. Enjoy!

All the surgeons were in the after-party,at the other venue April had booked for them. The newlyweds were sitting in a table along with Amelia,Callie and Arizona. They were holding each other's hands and Lexie had her head leaning on Mark's shoulder and they were ready to hear everyone speeches. First was Meredith,and she couldn't wait any more. She wanted to express her love for the couple.

"You guys can't imagine the honor I have felt to be the one to marry Mark Sloan and Lexie Grey. These two people are practically my family. The love story of these two people started by being forbidden. I didn't trust Mark at the time and I thought that if he meddled with my sister he would hurt her. Turns out,he became a part of her. Lexie.." she started her speech and then turned to look at her sister.

"I'm so glad you didn't die back then. I am so glad you listened to me..I'm so glad you found yourself.." she blowed a kiss to her sister and she pretended to catch it and laughed.

Next was Derek.

"Mark Sloan. My ultimate best friend. I have known this kid ever since we were little children. We grew up together. As all friends did,we had our ups and downs,and one of our biggest was about Lexie. I played the part of the bad guy and forbade him to go near Lexie but he followed his heart. And I'm so glad you didn't listen to me man. I'm so glad because you found yourself with her. I have never seen him that happy. And it's thanks to you Lexie Grey."  He finished his speech and gave the couple a huge kiss from where he was standing.

They intertwined their hands harder.

"I can't believe we started like this.." Mark whispered to Lexie and smiled.

"And yet look as us. We're married!" She whispered with excitement.

He drew a huge smile on his face and leaned in to kiss her. She gave back the kiss and he felt a smile forming on her face as well.

She took a breath and closed her eyes.

"I never thought this day would come Mark.."

"It's here though." He reminded her. Before she could say anything Amelia stood up to give her own speech and was wiping tears.

"Hi there everyone. Hi. Uh..Me and Lexie grew close to each other a few months back. We're kinda like family to each other but a few months ago she came to me. She had a problem. A problem that I relate to as well. I didn't even know her,and I gave her my love which she also did when I had problems of my own." She started speaking and then her look fell on her ex husband. She took a breath and smiled.

"Lexie is a strong woman. She grew up so much and so fast and she became the most -excuse my language- badass surgeon slash woman etc I have ever met. Mark,you found a diamond there." She laughed and she looked at Mark.

"Now Mark though...Mark is a brother to me. We grew up. He will always be in me and I will always love him,even though we've had our ups and downs at times,but at the end..that's what siblings do,don't they?"

The crowd laughed a bit and she gained courage to continue.

"I wish a healthy life to both of you. I hope you are happy,healthy,always in love.." she wished at them.

The couple had a huge smile on their faces and everyone in the crowd clapped.

Next it was Callie and Arizona's turn. They smiled to the couple and they got up. Amelia came to the table and wiped her tears again.

"Amelia..that was beautiful.." Mark held her hand.

"Thank you Mark.." she smiled and she heard the couple trying to make sure the mic was on.