Chapter 44.

WARNING: Hello everyone. Just a warning that this chapter contains smut (sexual scene). If you don't like it skip the end of the chapter. I will have a warning again where the smut begins.❤

Lexie was in shock. She didn't believe her ears.

"Amelia..what do you mean?" She asked her in shock.

"I..I mean are you sure? Does he know?" She kept flooding her sister with questions about that announcement and Amelia sighed.

"No Lexie. He doesn't." She stated looking obviously very tired.

Lexie shook her head.

"He..he will hate you Amelia. He-he will! Just like he hates me. A-and he has been through that he can't handle it again!" She said making Amelia scoff.

"So you think he can handle a dead child?" Amelia cut her off and took a breath.

"Here's the thing Lexie. You do not get to judge nor advise me about my marriage because you ruined it." Amelia said with a bit of rage.

"Thanks Amelia." Lexie thought.

"Second of all,I have seen my baby die. I hurt as much as he does,even more to be honest. I can't go through that again." She continued.

Lexie sighed.

"Okay. Fine. Do whatever you think it's best. I'm just saying what will happen next." She said throwing her hands in the air and got up to leave. Before she left she turned to her sister.

"And for the record,I didn't ruin your marriage. You did that the second you lied to Owen. And don't worry. I won't say anything about the baby." She stated and left.

Amelia stayed alone in that room and sighed. She held her tummy talking to her baby.

"I'm sorry baby. I am so sorry. I hate to do this but it's best if you leave before I love you too much. I..I wish I got to know you,I really do. Your dad will hate me and I know he will leave me. He will have a good reason to do so though. I'm so sorry..Please forgive me.." she was talking to her baby while crying.

_________________________________________

A few weeks had passed since that eventful day's incident and everything was coming back to normal. Sort of.

Lexie headed to the hospital ready to start her day. Her days were very boring,but at that point she loved being boring. She felt normal again. She went to the residents' locker room and found her friend Jo.

"Goodmorning Lex." Jo greeted.

"Oh morning Jo." Lexie replied in a sleepy tone followed by a yawn.

"Long night?" She laughed.

"Shut up." Lexie replied with a laugh but nodded.

Jo raised an eyebrow and smiled at her friend.

"I see,I see.Good job Dr.Sloan." she laughed at her friend and at that second Lexie widened her eyes and signaled at Jo to lower her voice.

"Shh! Someone might hear!"

"What you think the whole hospital doesn't know your history? Come on everyone knows you and Sloan have been on and off for five years." She joked making Lexie pretty worried.

"They do?" She said sighing. She then shrugged.

"Oh well. What can you do."

Jo laughed a bit.

"So,Jo how are things with Alex?"

Jo shrugged.

"Meh,we are good. You know,work,home,sex..Usual stuff" she said in a boring tone.