Chapter 1

(Princess Ambree in the picture) 3rd POV
Marley was currently waiting on a bed watching as her princess rushed around with servants to get packed for the next couple of months.

Princess Ambree was invited to attend court at the kingdom of Esteban and she wanted her guard, Marley to go with.

Marley couldn't help but curve her lips slightly upward as she watched the staff and royal rush around.
Marley had already packed the night before and she was waiting for Ambree to finish so the two could departure.

Marley realized she was gonna take a bit so she said goodbye and went back to her room to practice her sword fighting a bit before she left.

Marley was practicing for a while until she heard a loud knock on her door.

"come in"

she said loud enough for the person on the other side to hear,

"princess Ambree is ready,"

said a maid walking in. Marley put her sword away and nodded towards the maid who led her back to Ambrees room.

"Agh Marley come here I need some help,"

said Ambree as she tried closing her suitcase. Marley walked over and helped her close the stuffed case and took it off the bed and stood it up on the ground.

Amber took one more look in the mirror and looked towards Marley she looked confused so Marley asked

"what?"

"Are you sure I look presentable?"

Marley sighed the princess was always like this, she was of course beautiful.

Ambree had long blond hair it was wavy and went down her shoulders she had fair skin and pink cheeks to match the freckles that scattered her nose.

She was around 5'7 in height though taller compared to Marleys 5'4 height. Sure Marley was small and short but it gave her some extra advantages as a warrior.

She was faster and able to dodge faster and if needed he could hide in small spaces. She also had the element of surprise since many of her opponents doubt her due to her size.

Marley turned her head to meet Ambrees eyes and smiled a bit,

"you look stunning your highness,"

as soon as Marley said the complement caused Ambrees checks to turn red.

"And you say you don't to know how to flirt,"

said Ambree Marley gave her a confused look and Ambree brushed it off and said,

"well it's easy for you to say, you always look good,"

Marley looked at herself in the mirror that stood next to her and examined herself in the mirror she had red ginger hair and freckles that littered her pale skin, her blue eyes hidden under long eyelashes.

Her hair was in a braid but it cascaded down her shoulder and down the front of her body. Marley's hair was really long even longer than Ambrees and Ambree would always comment on since she was the only one who had ever seen Marley with her hair down.

Marley looked at herself and wondered what Ambree saw that made her think that Marley was pretty. Not that she was ugly she just didn't understand.
Marley looked down at her clothes she wore a shirt with no sleeves and it was tucked in a belt surrounded her waist and she wore sturdy shoes.

On her belt lay a scabbard that held her sword and she wore a red jacket with symbols of the elements and a dragon on the back.
Marley knew from the beginning that she was going to be a warrior ,she was a fae after all. She was a dragon shifter and the last of her kind.

Fae's were the least common in the land and a dragon was the most uncommon in the world, they used to rule the lands but then war broke out and they went into hiding from the hunters, Marley was very well the last dragon alive but she wasn't to bothered about it or the loss of her family but that was a story for another time.

"Hello?"

Said Ambree as she waved her hand in front of Marley snapping Marley out of her gaze.

"You good you spaced out for like 5 minutes?"

"Yeah sorry just thinking,"

Marley replied. Ambree looked at her worriedly but Marley shook it off.

"Are you ready?"

Asked Marley. Ambree's worry expression turned into one of excitement and she nodded excitedly as she and Marley made their way out of the castle and into the carriage, and they began their journey towards Esteban.