Chapter 40: Hunting

Start from the beginning

"All done?" Olivia asked as she walked out. Abby nodded as olivia locked the door again.

"Be safe." Olivia tells abby before heading back to count food. Abby then proceeds to head to the gate where a man stood on watch. He noticed abby and started to open the gate.

"Going hunting?" He asked as abby pulled out her bow.

"Yeah." She says with a smile.

"Well bring back something good." He tells her with a chuckle. She nods before heading into the woods.

Abby walked for a while tracking a deer. She had caught three rabbits already but was hoping to get the deer before heading back. It had only been around three hours so she still had a couple hours left before sunset.

She stopped carefully as the buck stood in front of her about twenty feet away. Abby pulled back and aimed. She took a deep breath before letting go and shooting the deer killing it.

"Yes!" Abby says putting her bow away and running over to the deer.

She grabbed her arrow and put it with the rest before tying the deer up. She then picked it up and started following her tracks back to Alexandria. Abby was glad there wasn't many walkers as she walked. She only had to kill around five the whole time she hunted.

"Damn this deer is big." She says struggling to carry it.

At least everyone would be happy to have some meat. The walk back felt like forever for abby as her arms started to get tried. Abby sighed and sat down on a tree stump placing the deer down. She caught her breath and looked around. It had started to become sunset and she was only around half way back. A twig snapping caught her attention making her pull out she gun. She turned to see another deer standing there eating some grass.

"Jackpot." She says quietly as she grabbed her bow.

This deer was smaller but was still big. She wished carl came with her so she had some help. She aimed her bow and let go of the arrow killing the other deer. Abby let out a small chuckle before running over to get the other deer. She carried this one over to the other one and sighed

. Abby wasn't sure how she was gonna be able to carry both of these. She sighed and took off her bag putting her bow away. She tied the smaller deer to her bag before carefully putting it on.

"Damn this is gonna be hard." Abby says as she bends down to grab the other deer. Once she was settled she started walking again.

"I'm gonna smack carl when I see him." Abby says out of breath as she walked.

She was glad she was able to get out and hunt but wasn't so glad about carrying the deers back. She soon was back at Alexandria making her smile. The sun has just set and darkness was filling the sky. They opened the gates and abby walked right in.

"Damn! Lucky day?" The man asked making abby chuckle slightly.

"Yeah." She says out of breath.

"Need a hand?" He asked as he closed the gate.

"No thanks, I got it." She says making her way back to the house.

Maggie sat nervously on the porch waiting for abby to get back. She immediately stood up once she saw abby carrying the deers clearly tried.

"You gonna help?" Abby asked with a small chuckle as maggie headed over to her to help. "You should have asked daryl to go with you." Maggie says grabbing the bigger deer from abbys hand.

"I'm a big girl." Abby says as maggie rolls her eyes before heading into the house. Everyone's eyes widened as they saw the two deers. Daryl quickly came over as they placed them on the table.

"Damn abby." He says as abby unties the deer from her bag.

"I'm skilled I know." Abby says with a smile pretending to flip her hair back.

Daryl rolled his eyes and grabbed the two deers taking them outside. Abby already knew daryl would probably spend all night breaking down the animals. Her eyes scanned the room looking for willow. She slept quietly on the floor next to sasha. Abby just smiled a headed outside.

"Got some rabbits for you too." She says placing the rabbits down.

He didn't say anything as he started. Abby knew daryl was a lot better at that than she was so she didn't mind. Plus, she knew daryl needed something.

"Nice job today." Rick says catching her attention making her turn around.

"Thanks, i'll take the rest of the meat to olivia tomorrow when I turn in my weapons." Abby says as rick nods.

She then headed inside as her feet hurt from walking. Carl sat on their bed waiting for her reading a comic. She plopped down and laid down.

"Tried?" Carl asked her as he put down his comic.

"Very much." Abby says followed by a yawn. Carl just chuckled and started playing with her hair. Abbys eyes soon felt heavy as sleep took over her body.