xiv. warriors of mandalore

chapter fourteen - act two
WARRIORS OF MANDALORE

chapter fourteen - act twoWARRIORS OF MANDALORE

──────────

The galaxy blossoms with boundless languages, the diversity of each dialect offering many words one could use if they were to describe Eden Abren. But, a fool is not one.

Utters of a simple mission had meandered with ease off Bo-Katan's silver-tongue, claiming their sole purpose was to reclaim stolen weapons from the depth of an Imperial Trawler. The instinct of Eden had ignited as the Mandalorian spoke of such,  her experiences both in past and near times a reminder of how things can never be this simple – now, more so than ever.

However, a brilliant description of Eden's character can be captured by a different word; stubborn.

Apprehension bubbled within the depths of herself as she'd agreed to Bo-Katan's plan, but never did she speak of her suspicions of dishonesty. Eden couldn't be certain Din had come to the same realisation as herself, though she doubted he had – the kindness of his heart that remains hidden behind the sacred armour sometimes brewing an ignorance to forthcoming danger. Yet, it didn't matter. Throughout their short-term experiences with the last member of the Kryze lineage, Eden had observed her closely. And, as per the portrait of Bo-Katan's character Eden had etched within her mind, she could gauge that the Mandalorian would withhold the information both Eden and Din desperately needed until her own mission was complete.

Bo-Katan was their first real hope to reunite the child with one of his kind, thus, his fate was bound to Eden and Din's willingness to complete the mission.

And, though Eden willed herself to ignore it, a not-so-distant fragment of her heart burnt with a desire to reap ruination upon the Imperials within the trawler.

As per the initially proposed plan, Eden and the Mandalorians had fought their way through the intricate hallways of the Trawler, decimating all that stood in their way. Never would she admit it, but a silent spark of respect had ignited within Eden as they'd fought effortlessly before her eyes; living up to their status of warriors. But, within the heart of her admiration, an edge of discomfort brewed, stemming from the odd sensation she was out of place while fighting alongside only Mandalorians – a simple bounty hunter among those spoken of in myth.

        However, with the ease of a seasoned keeper of secrets, she withheld these thoughts from becoming anything more.

        Swiftness a gift within their battles, the army of five had reached their destination of the cargo bay, easily eliminating the enemies who once stood within it by releasing its vacuum seal temporarily. They'd spread out amongst the room, each opting to admire the deadly weapons stored delicately within the crates. Eden traces the calloused tip of a singular finger across the coolness of a rifle's exterior, welcoming its touch. Lifting it from the confines of its storage, she weighs it within her grip, and, though heavier than expected, she adjusts with ease.