Tsubaki would place the food by the doorway as the child would then walk towards her. He then held the sleeve of her yukata and looked at him. Tsubaki smiled sadly and the gently pulled Yuki's hands away from her.

"I'm sorry."

The next day Tsubaki came to give Yuki his food, she brought a small gift with her.

"Here" Tsubaki said as she stretched she hands towards the child. "I thought you might get bored so I got you a book." The book was old, since it was the book Akira, her father read it to Tsubaki and then later on Tsubaki would read it to young Akito.

"Do you know how to read?" Tsubaki asked. The boy shook his head. Of course he would not know. He has been stuck here for almost all his life.

"Onee-san, Can you read this for me?" Akito would plead Tsubaki. Tsubaki would then smile and then take the book, making Akito smile, and start reading it for her younger sister.

Tsubaki then turned the outer cover of the book and started reading. "Once upon a time..."

This continued for a long time. Tsubaki would read book to Yuki and slowly she even started teaching him how to read and write, these action were of course was without Akito's knowledge.

"Why..." Yuki's timid voice was heard for the first time. "Why don't you enter the room?" The small boy asked.

"Because Akito told me to." Tsubaki smiled softly.

"Just like how the rat's spirit haunts you, the spirit of a servant who can never disobey her master haunts me."

"Then I guess we both are the same." Yuki said, his trembling hands were placed near his chest. "Both of us can't do anything because of Akito..."

"You're wrong, Yuki." Tsubaki said as she outstretched her hands and placed it on Yuki's head as Yuki was sitting near the door. "Personality wise we are different. You are a timid" Yuki flinched. "However you are kind."

"Whereas I am simply a coward..."

Time passed as quickly as river flowed and Yuki was still stuck in that room.

"What is it, Hatsuharu and Isuzu?" Tsubaki asked as the two children stared at her.

"I want to meet Yuki." Hatsuharu spoke whereas the long haired girl simply turned, looking away.

Tsubaki sighed. "You do know no one other than Akito and I can meet him."

"Yes."

Tsubaki looked at Hatsuharu who had a determined look on his face. Maybe...Maybe this is fine.

"Yuki's room is on the left wing, the last rooms down the hall way." Tsubaki looked at the boy. "I'll inform you when Akito has to go out for business or when Akito has some other guest visiting."

Hatsuharu nodded. Tsubaki continued, "However, from time to time some other maids will be there to come and check up on him so be careful to not get caught." With that she walked away from the duo.

"Tsubaki-nee..." Hatsuharu spoke. "I thought you would not help us but then..."

"If you can give light to Yuki even the tiniest bit...Give light in that room of darkness which is swallowing Yuki with loneliness, I won't mind helping." Tsubaki turned around to face Hatsuharu as she sadly smiled.

"Because I am useless. I am simply helping you do what I was unable to do."

There are times when a sudden rush of guilt came up within her whenever she thought about Yuki.