4:00am

KongArt week day 1

"Why are you here at 4 in the morning?"

​Arthit was surprised to see a familiar face at the convenience store during this time of the day, but he's too tired to actually act surprised, so he just deposited his early morning haul at the cashier with a grunt.

​"What are you doing here at 4 in the morning?" grumbled Arthit as Kongpob, the cashier, ringed his dinner/breakfast - depends on how you look at it.

​"I just took this part time job, P'," said Kongpob. "Gotta pay the bills."

​"I hear you," Arthit mumbled, fishing up some change in his pocket. He had a part time job as well, working as a busboy at a bar nearby - not really what he had in mind, but those were the only jobs he could find that fits his time.

​He's seen Kongpob a handful of times at University where Arthit studied Engineering while his junior studied Economics. Arthit's not entirely sure what Kongpob was doing in his building, but he figured since they're attending night classes the school must have crammed all the students in one.

​"Oh, where do you work, P'?" Kongpob politely asked as he bagged Arthit's grocery. "I didn't know you worked part time as well."

​Arthit's really hesitant to say it; when he first interviewed for the job he had grimaced at the bar sign and thought if it was legal to name a business that way, but he really needed the money, and tuition was coming up, so Arthit had just refused to acknowledge the establishment's name.

​"Just some bar," he ended up shrugging.

​"There are a lot of bars here,"

​"The one down the road,"

​"Which one?" by this time, Arthit had looked up, intending to glare at this nosy cashier, but Kongpob's tilted his head, and Arthit really couldn't bring himself to snap at the other guy.

​"It's called the 'Bussy Hour,'" he sighed.

​"Bussy Hour?" Kongpob had his brow raised, and Arthit rolled his eyes.

​"Don't get me started," he wished to end this conversation fast, so he grabbed his dinner/breakfast together with his change.

​As he was about to leave, Arthit heard Kongpob say, "Good morning, P'Arthit. I'll see you at school tomorrow!"

​"It's later...but whatever," he grumbled. Arthit gave Kongpob a look and wondered how a person could be this energetic this early in the morning. It's making Arthit feel more tired.

--

Kongpob had become part of Arthit's morning after that.

​Arthit would find himself back at the convenience store buying whatever edible food left for his dinner/breakfast, Kongpob would ring him up, and then Arthit leaves.

​Sometimes he sees Kongpob mopping the floor, and although there weren't really any people besides them, Arthit would occasionally see Kongpob organizing the shelves.

​"It keeps me busy," was what Kongpob told him.
​Kongpob also had developed a habit Arthit wished the other didn't.

​"Speaking of busy," Kongpob started, and Arthit immediately groaned. "How was your work at the Bussy Hour?"

​"You really like getting on my nerves, huh?" Arthit glared - or at least he thought so, but it's all on good terms.

​What others perceived Arthit as snobbish and cold just bounces off of Kongpob, so his glares and empty threats were just their way of friendly banter.