We move out gazes back to the movie but a question pops in my mind that I've been meaning to ask him. "Have you talked to your dad recently?"

He rolls his eyes, not about his dad but probably because I'm prying information out of him. "No, he's been asking me to come to his house. He's got a girlfriend, who has a young daughter he wants me to meet."

I nod. "What did you say to him?" I ask.

He shrugs, the hand that's grazing my hip moves up to my arm. "I told him I'd think about it." He says, his expression tells me he doesn't want to think about it. "It's just that I barely know him," he says, with his eyes still locked on the movie screen.

"Maybe you can get to know him through this," I say.

His grim expression doesn't fade. "I could, but how am I just supposed to ignore the fact that my asshole of a mother, kept me a secret from him." He looks over at me. "For 18 years. How do I even know if he's a good guy or not?"

I frown. "You never really told me why you mother did that," I say, softly.

His gaze moves back to the TV, it's not a very happy one. "She's an alcoholic," he says. "Like insane. I was basically on my own from a young age. I learned that you can't trust everyone you meet."

My frown deepens and I realize that's how his mind is trained to work. He builds up walls and that's what he's done his whole life to protect himself. He made sure no one knew his weaknesses.

I wrap my arm around his waist and lay my head on his shoulder as he squeezes me. "I'm so sorry, Roman." I whisper, sadness fills my tone.

He gave a sad chuckle. "It's fine Princess," I lift my head to glare at him. "It's my life and I've learned to move on from it,"

"Where's you mom now?" I ask.

He shrugs. "Prison? On the streets? I don't know. I moved out at 18 to go to college and she told me I had a father who worked at the college I had applied to and got into."

I raise my eyebrows. "It's like fate." I say.

He raises an eyebrow. "What?"

I chuckle. "The universe wanted you to come here," I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeahhh, sure, whatever you say," he jokes and teases my lips before crashing his onto mine.

We shift and he hovers over me. My nails dig into his back and his hands roam to my leggings, one hand making its way underneath and caresses the exposed skin.

The warmth of our bodies makes me flushed, and the more clothes that come off, the more connected I feel to him. He almost rips my leggings trying to get them off. We laugh about it for a second before it gets quiet again. Only the movement of our lips and the sound of our labored breathing, filling the room.

His hands make their way to my underwear and I gasp as he touches me. I do the same and place my hand on him. He makes a groaning sound on my lips and it makes me smile.

Just as I'm about to tip my hand into his boxers his phone starts blaring through the room. He doesn't seem bothered and just keeps kissing and touching me.

The ringing doesn't stop for the next five minutes and I frustratingly pull away. "Can you please just answer that?" I say breathless and frustrated.

He huffs and grabs the phone. "What?" He snaps into the phone.

His face is serious for a second and then fear or shock fill his features. He's still hovering over me so I can see each part of his face change as the phone call goes on. I can't hear what the other line is saying but it doesn't bode too well with him.

"Fine," he says into the phone and slams it on the nightstand. He moves off of me, before I even realize it, and quickly grabs his pants.

"Where are you going?" I ask, confused that he got up so fast during a... moment we were just having.

"Out," is all he says.

"Roman," I warn.

He makes eye contact with me and he's fully serious about what he's about to say. "Brooke, you need to stay here, I'll be back, I promise."

He slips a shirt over his head and puts on a jacket but I'm not convinced. "Why won't you tell me?" I ask, I'm beyond the point of surprise with things like this and more angry that he hides it still.

He doesn't even look at me when grabbing his keys. I put the sheet over my chest and glare at him. "Just stay here," he demands, no emotion lacing his tone.

I open my mouth to lash out at him but he slams the door before I could. I just sit there glaring at the closed door. Why the hell did he just up and leave? Again. I'm beginning to think it's what he's known for.

I'm not going to just sit here and not do anything. He needs to know that I'm not the person who will manipulate him or use his vulnerability against him.

I decide my next move as I hurriedly put my clothes on, Keegan. He might know where he is.

I rushed to where I remembered Keegan's room was and burst open the door. It's late so it seems like Keegan has passed out. I walk over to his bed and shake him. He doesn't wake up so I try again. After it still doesn't work, I look around the room and see a water cup on his bedside table.

I make a quick apology to Keegan in my head before I pour water on his face. He jumps awake. "What the hell? Who the fuck-" he looks up to see me looking down at him, a confused expression on his face. "Brooke?"

"I need you to take me where Roman is." I say and Keegan's face goes flat.