19

"Dude! What was that!?" Alex asked Luke and he furrowed his eyebrows. "What?" Luke asked. "Uhh I don't know, you and Julie being that close on stage! You should've seen Mel's face. I thought you figured out who you liked-or who you were going for!" Alex said. Luke's jaw dropped as he closed his eyes in disbelief, sighing deeply. "I messed up didn't?" Luke asked. "Did you? Of course you did! She was so happy until you and Julie pulled that!" Reggie said.

"Yeah, could you maybe explain what happened? I thought you liked Mel!" Alex said. "I do! I promise you- it's just...Julie wanted to make Nick jealous. She likes him and she wanted him to be jealous, trust me. I don't like Julie, I like Mel." Luke said. "Well you're not exactly showing that you do." Reggie said and Alex nodding. "You suck at showing that you like her. Now go tell her that..that was all an act for Julie's crush." Alex said and Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "Where did she go?" He asked. "The beach. Or the Orpheum." Reggie said and Luke nodded.

The boy then poofed out to the Orpheum, going inside and looking around. He didn't find her so he poofed out to the beach and started walking around.

His eyes then landed on the girl's dark brown hair flowing in the wind. He slowly walked up to her and sat down next to her.

"Mel.." he started and she didn't react. She just sat there, looking at the waves. "Listen, I know you're mad at me but I can explain." He said and the girl simple turned towards the boy. "I'm not mad. I understand." The girl said. She didn't specifically say what she understood, but she was letting him know that she did.

But to her surprise he shook his head. "You don't understand, Melanie. What happened between me and Julie meant nothing, okay? She has a crush on Nick and wanted him to be jealous. I'm sorry for not telling you beforehand, that was pretty stupid of me." Luke explained and she nodded. "That's sweet. Also really dumb and weird...but sweet." She said and Luke took a deep breath.

"I like you." He blurted and her head snapped up towards him and she stopped running her fingers through the sand. "I like you so much. And I didn't tell you this because I just didn't want to ruin anything in between us. I know people always say that and I thought it was just a dumb excuse everyone says but it's true. I now know that it feels like. And I don't want to lose you just because you don't feel the same way. I don't want you to push me away or make things awkward between us. I want it all to be the same." Luke said and Melanie smiled at the sand as she continued to run her fingers through the sand.

"Say something, Mel." Luke said and she looked back up at the boy, putting on a emotionless face. "Then I guess you think my excuse is dumb. I've liked you for so long and I didn't want to ruin anything in between us." She said and Luke smiled.

"I promise you it won't." He said as he grabbed her hand. "We should head back." She said as she leaned her head on his shoulder. "Can we at least stay here for a little longer?" Luke asked. "Ten minutes." She said and he leaned over to kiss her forehead. "That's good." He said and wrapped his arms around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Melanie cheered softly as the boys played with the basketball out front. Reggie then caught the  ball and began to speak. "feels like we should be like celebrating or something. What do you guys wanna do?" Reggie asked just as he threw the ball they all got jolts to the stomach making Melanie, Reggie, and Luke fall to the ground as Alex was arched over, holding his stomach tightly. "Not that." Alex said. "That wasn't like the other ones. It's getting worse." Luke said and Melanie nodded.

As they all stood Melanie began to speak. "This is not what I expected the afterlife to be like" Melanie groaned. "Why is this happening to us?" Reggie asked. Before anyone can answer someone else did.

"It's because you guys are in serious trouble." Willie said

Not edited