• reunion •

"Rina."

Tooru took a long second to stare at the rigid woman in front of him who is speculating him as much as he is. To him, it felt like time stopped and their surroundings turned white by her sudden appearance - unable to process it clearly as many emotions jumbled inside of him.

"How did you find me?" he managed to utter the question.

The white lights bounced off the halls outside of the gym, shining against the black hair on her head. By tucking her arms behind her back, she answered quietly with hooded eyes. "It isn't hard to find a professional volleyball trainer online."

Her reply made a point as Tooru nodded slowly yet nervously at her words. So, she came here with an agenda, he presumed, but he doesn't know if it was meant out of good intentions or not.

After five long years, who knows what kind of person she is.

"Listen, Rina. I'm in the middle of work," he aimed his eyes back through the window of the echoing gym. The sounds of volleyballs hitting against the polished court bounced off the wooden floors.

"Then, do you have time later?" her suggestion made him ponder and raise an eyebrow. Looking at the time on the clock above the entryway of the gym doors, he saw that it is still early evening. Rina can sense the unsureness on his expression and quickly added, "It will be quick, I promise."

Tooru pouted hesitantly and stared with deadpanned eyes. The idea of it doesn't seem suspicious. It only peaked his curiosity even more by the way she sounded so inviting.

"It's been five years, isn't it?" she smiled warmly - one that he doesn't recognize. "Just a small catch up."

>>>

"Am I doing it right, Mommy?"

Tetsu's hand placement stilled on the sushi rice over the nori sheet while he waited for your call to allow him to proceed in lining up the raw fish.

You were starting to get more responsive whenever he calls you by your new name, peering over his shoulder as he stood on his baby stool to help you roll sushi, and then smiled at his messy arrangement.

"That looks good," you nodded and slid over a plate of your personal favorite filling; the tamagoyaki - already sliced in long rectangles for him to grab. "Put two in each roll, okay?"

"Okay!"

Just when you were about to prepare the sauces, a light blinked in the corner of your eye and your head turned to the direction. Your phone turned on to display a text message on your screen and you meandered over to the counter and pick up the device. With a swift of your thumb, the text is from none other than Tooru.

"I will be a little late, so don't wait on me for dinner," it read.

You thought nothing of it at first, and sent him a thumbs up in reply. Maybe he just wanted to treat his students out.