Chapter 120: Our biggest arguement yet

Start from the beginning

"Don't go, Jen please don't go"

"I have to Brad, somethings not right and I have to figure out what that is and you should do the same"

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

I'm on my way to Courteney's and I have no idea what I've just done. Of course I don't want a divorce, I absolutely don't. I love brad with all of my heart, so that's why I'm spending some time away from him. I need to take time to myself and so does he. I just don't understand why he has to be such an asshole. Am I making him act this way? Are these signs that he's not wanting me anymore? Is he trying to push me away by acting out? So many questions and scenarios are running through my head right now and this is exactly why we need space from each other. On top of that, we haven't had sex in almost 2 months... it could be even longer than that, I don't even know anymore. He doesn't touch me intimately anymore and I don't know what to do about it. I was hoping tonight we could change that, to finally become intimate with each other again but that's obviously not going to happen now.

I pull up in Courteney's driveway with a tear stained face as I didn't know where else to go and I get my bags from the back of the car.

"Jen, honey, what are you doing here?" Courteney says as I walk into her house with my suitcase

"I need to stay here for a while... please?"

"What? Of course you can but honey, what's the matter?"

"Brad and I got into a major fight. First I need some vodka and then I'll explain" She gets us both a shot of vodka and comes and joins me back on the couch

"Now, start from the beginning"

"You know how Brad and I have been struggling lately..." Well she doesn't know but I just carry on

"... anyway, we've been struggling a lot and today my dad and Sherry offered to have the kids overnight, so I thought that this would be a good opportunity to talk things out and to recapture our intimacy as things are just not good. Well, earlier he told me he purchased a car and a motorcycle and he spent $1.5 million dollars. We got into a huge screaming match, and I mean we, well me mostly, were screaming at each other. I was so fucking angry that he did this without telling me. I was basically saying that we are married and we should be making decisions together and he basically said he doesn't care. Honestly Court, I don't know what's going on with us but I told him I needed some space away from him and then he asked me if I wanted a divorce..."

"And what did you say?"

"I said I didn't know. I said it partly out of anger. I love him so much, I love him so fucking much Court but sometimes love's just not enough. I really don't know what to do but I do know I need some space away from him. I didn't know where to go so I just came here"

"Oh come here honey" She pulls me into a hug as tears start streaming down my face again

"Oh god, I didn't think this through. The kids, what am I going to do with the kids? I'm going to have to rent somewhere"

"What, no you're not. They can stay here too"

"No, I can't do that to you, David and Coco. It'll disrupt your life"

"I don't care. You and the kids can stay here for as long as you need to"

"I'm going to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me... am I overreacting?"

"I don't think you're overreacting at all honey. If David pulled a stunt like that I would be so angry"

"It's not just that... I mean, I can't even remember the last time we had sex, maybe my birthday? No, it was Valentine's Day, that was like two months ago. We only really talk to each other around the children, he doesn't touch me unless he brushes past me in the kitchen. He doesn't even kiss me goodnight or kiss me good morning anymore. I know we are on really thin ice but I think I just need to spend tonight trying to figure out what I want. I mean, I love him, I really love him, I love him so fucking much but I can't stay in a marriage where I feel like I'm walking on egg shells. We haven't been happy for a while. I don't want to divorce him, I really don't and I don't want to upset him or make him mad but I'm thinking that maybe just a separation... actually no, I don't want a separation. I want us to work things out and I think spending a few days away from each other will help that"

"I can't believe this honey. I'm so sorry things are really hard for you both. I do think you need to think about everything. Go to your room and have a long hard think and I'm out here if you need me"

I thank her and make my way to my bedroom I have over hers. I put my suitcase on the floor and fall back on the bed staring at the ceiling. I suppose I better ring my dad and tell him to drop the kids at Courteney's tomorrow. I know he's going to want to know what I'm doing over here but I'll figure it out.

"Hey daddy"

"Hey princess"

"How are my munchkins doing?"

"They are doing just fine. They're all asleep now, finally" We both share a little laugh

"They can be a handful. Hey dad, when you drop them off tomorrow, can you drop them to Courteney's?"

"Sure I can, but can I ask why?"

"Well..." I take a pause and a deep breath before continuing

"... I'm staying over hers tonight, so it'll make it much easier if you just bring them here" I can feel tears pressing on my eyes and I can't stop them

"Is everything okay princess? What's happened?"

"Nothings happened daddy, Brad and I just got into a little fight that's all"

"Are you crying?"

"No, no I'm not" I lie, I have to lie

"Okay... I know you're not telling me the full story but I won't pry. I'll bring them over at 9am tomorrow, is that okay?"

"Actually, could you keep them a little later? Maybe until like 2pm?"

"Jennifer, what's going on?"

"Nothings going on dad"

"Jennifer Joanna" I know he's serious when he uses my first and middle name

"Like I said, Brad and I had a fight, so I'm staying over Courteney's tonight. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go and talk to him but I want to talk to him without the kids around. Courteney said if I'm not back from talking with him then she'll just take them off you"

"Princess, are you and Brad okay?"

"Yes dad we're fine, it's nothing but I need to go. Thank you for watching them tonight. Love you daddy"

"Love you too princess"

I hang up the phone, fall back onto the bed and start sobbing. I don't know what's going on with my marriage but I have a feeling it's not going to end well.