⚜️ Chapter 44⚜️

ELISABETH WILSON'S POV

I approached Enos in the living after freshing up. He was laying on the coach listening to something on the radio. I noticed that he'd already taken a bath and dressed rather nicely. It made me wonder if he was still planning to come to Meghan's place with me.

I'll be bummed if he changed his mind.

"I returned the clothes, there on your bed." I informed.

Probably not the best place to keep dirty clothes, but I couldn't find a laundry basket anywhere. And they aren't really dirty. I'd taken a bath before sleeping last night. And the floor isn't optional.

He didn't respond but instead got off the coach.

A bit rude don't you think. But I'm obviously no better because Enos has always been good to me, and yet I manage to be extremely unresponsive or negativity responsive, which is worse than the former.

"I'll get the tool box and meet you at Meghan's house." Enos moved past me but I quickly held his hand.

He smells really nice up close.

I looked up at Enos to find he was already staring at me.

The way he roamed my face made me let go of his hand.

"Speak." He said.

I wanted to apologise but from how he appeared displeased, it made me change my mind.

We were approximately standing very close to each other. His chest a couple of centimeters from my face, and if either of us moved even a bit, our breathes would met.

"At what time is April arriving?" I asked instead.

He took a step back creating distance. "She'll be here soon."

"Okay."

He proceeded to walk away. His mood had completely changed. I know part of that is contributed by his mother. She's a harsh person to be frank. More than she needs to be.

And I literally kicked him out of the room . He let me stay here and I was being sorta ungrateful.

But Enos wasn't being discreet. I was practically half naked and he seemed carefree about it. He's probably been with a lot of women. Girls would practically throw themselves at him back in highschool. I recall the numerous occasions.

So seeing me topless was certainly not a big deal for him. I was aware of that.

But those girl's weren't covered in dark purple and black marks.

I didn't want him to keep looking at me. He showed no signs of crude judgement when he surveyed my top half. Just shock. But it still made me uncomfortable.

It took the three of us an entire morning and afternoon to finish cleaning the house. We had a short lunch break at two o'clock and proceeded working.

April is really fast with her hands and Enos handled fixing the pipes impressively. It was basically a team effort.

Enos took the radio with him. He said it'll be a great source of entertainment as we worked.

He was right.

The music made everything more pleasant.

"Look at this place." April opened her arms satisfied. "We did a good job." She praised.

I was relieved. Every corner of the house was tidy and organized. There aren't a lot of things inside the house. The living room has only a table and a coach. The kitchen got a microwave, fridge and stove. All the shelves are nearly empty.