6

"My baby is ten months old." Tubbo said kissing Michael's face. "Stop growing up."

Michael squealed grasping his face. "Dada!" He squeaked smiling.

Tubbo smiled lifting him up. "That's right Michael dada."

"He said his first word." Ranboo's eyes softened as he took the baby. "You're such a big boy my son."

-

They sat waiting for an hour. This was birth mothers last chance, for the past month she missed visits.

"Okay you two can take him home. Your case worker will contact you." The lady said walking back to her desk.

They walked out with a sleeping baby tucked into his fathers arms. Tubbo pulled the blanket tighter around him.

"I'm here!" The slurred words left the distraught women. "Give me my son."

Ranboo smelled the air putting his body between her and his husband. "You're drunk or high. You can't be around Michael like that."

"He's not yours!" She screamed swinging at him.

Tubbo quickly climbed into the backseat with Michael locking the doors. He buckled the sleeping piglin into his carseat. "Shh its okay bud."

-

"Your honor my clients when deciding to adopt were not told that their closed adoption would become fostering. When they were chosen by the mother they were not told she could change her mind. All my clients want is to have the child they've raised for ten months home. Safe. Where he is loved."
-
"Your honor my client was on a multitude of medication when she made her decision. She was rushed into her decision as well. She spent months looking for her son only to find him place in a home of two men. My client asks for full custody of her child and a restraining order on the men."
-
"Your honor my clients just want to take their son home and lead a normal life. The child is extremely happy in the home and Miss. Ledge came to their last visit intoxicated." Their lawyer turned to the jury. "So you tell me if you'd take a perfectly happy, well loved child from parents who adore him, to a women who missed four visitations and on the final one came intoxicated."
-
"They have painted Miss. Ledge as a horrendous human being, she is a young mother whom didn't believe could ever see her child. She struggles but she is willing to do just about anything to bring her little boy home."
-

"Hi we just wanted to bring Michael to say hi. He's been crying for you both." The social worker gave them a sad smile.

"Dada!" Michael cried reaching his arms to his fathers.

Toby took the baby into his embrace. "Hi bud. We missed you so much."

Ranboo wrapped his arms around his little family.

Michael smiled snuggled into Toby's chest placing his hand on Ranboo's face. "Dada." He cooed.

"Why do they have my baby?" She asked rushing over.

"Miss. Ledge they are having a brief visitation with Michael. He called for them multiple times." The social worker said as she retrieved the child from the men.

"Bye bud we love sweet boy." He said clutching onto his husband. Ranboo wrapped his arm around Toby waving to his son.

Michael cried and grunted reaching for the men. "DADA! DADA!" He bawled pushing on the lady tears staining his pink skin.

"I'm sorry Miss. Ledge he's in no shape to be held by anyone else today we can try tomorrow." The social worker took the boy out to the car.