Chapter Ten: The Divide

Start from the beginning

There was no way he was going to miss out on this; the last "prank" left all his bow ties and top hats soggy. Not to mention how long it took to get the water out of the dimension. In those times, having an unstable, ever-shifting dimension with no set laws of physics or limits to anything really was a pain. The water kept sloshing everywhere— that is, when it wasn't rising and dropping in clumps onto the other demons. Or better yet, when it became thin, slimy sheets that barricaded other imps and molded with the changing scenery.

The three floated into the familiar realm of chaos and pandemonium they had spent most of their entities' confined too. The Nightmare Realm was one of which had no real rules or physical constraints. Scenes shifted constantly: pillars of goop and pools of cement rising and falling periodically. Everything was constantly changing, even down to the air around them, which would constantly morph into different colors and thicknesses. It reeked of sulphur. The only constant was a hanging darkness that cradled the demented dimension. It clung to what would be considered the "skies" and hung in places with an unprecedented intensity.

The little corner of weird was cradled in between any and all dimensions; it was encased in the safety of a little bubble, with rope-like-vines twisting themselves from the depths of nothing to hold the small dimension. They were colored a flesh red, almost looking like veins that provided life to the chaos and mayhem within the darkened bubble. 

The dimension was littered with varying creatures— some were bipedal, some walked on all fours, some flew, and some had no limbs to walk on at all— some were goo, others were solid— some were transparent, others solid as steel— each demon was vastly different from the last. With all these different species and types of demons, imps, and other demonic entities, there was no one that had really attempted to rise above all and take control. Until Bill, that is.

A foreigner in this dimension originally, he was quick to seize the opportunity of chaos and mayhem as his advantage and eventually became a widely recognized and formidable force in the dimension. His take over was rather easy— well, once a hundred thousand or so lesser beings were blasted away to prove his power and prowess. 

The three entered cackling, Pyronica's pink fire practically jumping off her slim and curved body. Her boots clicked under the nearly formed oscillating floor that appeared underneath them. Her short hair, wedged between two large horns and littered with smaller ones, bobbed up and down with her prideful strides, falling over her giant eye occasionally.

Keyhole followed behind her, still cackling madly from their little "adventure." He had decided to ransack most lesser creatures bordering the edge of the neighboring dimension, claiming that "it didn't make sense to let perfectly good treasure go up in flames." He held boxes ranging in size, each filled with unknown substances and some dripping down his turquoise body. He didn't bother opening the chests beforehand— he said he always liked the surprise.

Bill was last to reenter, much quieter than his two henchmaniacs. He had done most of the destruction— as he normally did— and almost felt a bit... bored. How long has this been going on between the two dimensions? Three and a half millennias? He wanted something new to play with. He was getting impatient, as well.

Bill's hands still burned with embers and wisps of his blue flames. It was nothing like Pyroncia's ever-burning fire, but it held just as much power— even more so. It was only when the three were well inside their dimension that Bill noticed the time and that he had to give a certain someone a little visit.

"Leaving already?" Pyronica asked, when she noticed Bill checking his eye-turned-pocket-watch.

"I got a meatsack to manipulate," he answered, popping his eye back in. He snapped his fingers, and his cane appeared in his hand, masked by blue flames.